Wisconsin post game thread

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

That Pepperdine tourney game ranks up there 

ugh...don't remind me...There's a few from that era that felt like a punch in the gut

One that sticks out to me from later is when we played at Wake Forest in 2004 and were down (I think?) 50 at one point in the game...lost by 33

2 minutes ago, mchenry34 said:

ugh...don't remind me...There's a few from that era that felt like a punch in the gut

One that sticks out to me from later is when we played at Wake Forest in 2004 and were down (I think?) 50 at one point in the game...lost by 33

Felt so bad that it was Haston’s last IU game. Man if he had stayed 1 more year....

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The worst for me was the Syracuse debacle because it was such an important game and Crean completely crapped the bed.

I don't agree on this one because going into that game I thought we might lose.  Also that Syracuse team was ranked in the top 10 most of the year and I thought they had as much talent on that team than we did.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Agree and said it before last game. Green absolutely should be starting. 

What if it’s on purpose that he isn’t starting? Some players are just better when they come off the bench. It happens in the NBA all the time. So maybe green and Coach had a convo and said let’s try this and if it doesn’t work then he can go back to starting.

8 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What if it’s on purpose that he isn’t starting? Some players are just better when they come off the bench. It happens in the NBA all the time. So maybe green and Coach had a convo and said let’s try this and if it doesn’t work then he can go back to starting.

It started (no pun intended) with his long lasting injury. Coach has talked about how he’s still getting back. No indication it’s purposeful and we’re starting a frosh at point over Rob. It’s injury and practice related 

17 hours ago, mchenry34 said:

I was at that game.....and to this day still HATE Chris Paul. He was acting like a complete a** the entire game.

That one is up there for me.

So against good advice, I did watch the game. I'm not quite as upset as I thought I'd be, or as some on this board are, for the following reasons...

1) Wisconsin, and particularly Reuvers, Ford, and King were unconscious. The 3 combined for 66% shooting and 61 of Wisconsin's points. I'm not saying our defense was great, but come on. Prior to this game the 3 combined were shooting 43%. And I guarantee you Richmond, New Mexico, St Mary's, Eastern Illinois, Green Bay, Marquette, McNeese St, and NC State, don't play much better defense than we do. Screams anomaly to me.

2) They didn't turn the ball over. I know some of that is a product of our defensive effort, but they average 12 a game and only committed 4.

3) We didn't shoot well. I thought our shot selection was bad, especially when we had a chance to get back in the game. When it was 20-9 we had 3 possessions and 3 terrible shots (Durham, Green, Hunter). We'd played good D during that stretch, but got zilch on the offensive end for it. We did get to the line more than they did, and were within 1 in the rebounding category. 

I'm with S6 here as writing this one off as an outlier. It happens. The real key will be the next few games. I hope this doesn't turn into the tailspin that we had mid-year last season, and I don't think we will. 

Archived