Gator Bowl Pregame thread - IU vs. UT

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

Anybody have a preview of what Kentucky is like?  I haven't seen them play this year.

I haven't seen them either but was just looking at their record for the year. 7-5 with a mixed bag. Played then #9 Florida close early in the season, but struggled against teams like E.Kentucky. Rest of their scores were about what you'd expect from a 7-5 team playing against the likes of Georgia, etc. Should be a pretty good matchup. 

5 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Anybody have a preview of what Kentucky is like?  I haven't seen them play this year.

I haven't saw any games of their either, but the QB situation is the only thing I was already aware of.  Sorry for the Kentucky joke I removed. Hard to help myself. 

11 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

There is some chatter that Kentucky might get switched to Belk and we would face Tennessee.  Neither bowl has said anything on Twitter yet and Gator says they are waiting on team two.

So did Calipari pull some strings so they wouldn't have to play us in football either? 

4 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I don’t know that Tennessee gets to decide.  But the lack of an official announcement is odd.  

Tennessee does not get to decide.  The decision is up to the Gator Bowl president, who has been between the two SEC teams.  One thing we know for sure at the moment.  IU is in the Gator Bowl.  Get your flight and tickets. 

Archived