Gator Bowl Pregame thread - IU vs. UT

1 minute ago, Leathernecks said:

What's the scouting report on them?  I know you and @rico follow both programs.  Interested to hear what they're like.  I only watched a little bit of one of their early games.

QB is playing well. If we dont get pressure we will struggle.. especially in the 2nd half vs. Jennings. He'll be the most physical WR we've played. 

Defense is solid at times, and talented. But they will yield big plays at times. Very young. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KDB said:

It's easy to see why the Gator Bowl would want Tennessee, but I call BS on Tennessee wanting the more prestigious bowl.  Like Frost, I think they see an easier win against a perceived easier opponent, and lobbied hard to get out of playing Louisville.

I think they are in for a bitter surprise.

Just now, rogue3542 said:

It's easy to see why the Gator Bowl would want Tennessee, but I call BS on Tennessee wanting the more prestigious bowl.  Like Frost, I think they see an easier win against a perceived easier opponent, and lobbied hard to get out of playing Louisville.

Maybe they perceive us as better, and it's actually a compliment.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

Why would iu be easier than Louisville? They just got destroyed by Kentucky and have played a worse schedule than us with less wins.  

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Lol no. 

Iu has a great offense with a hit or miss defense. Tennessee has a decent offense with a good defense against our caliber of players( not Alabama or Florida) It should be a good game. I’m definitely rooting for Iu but as fans of both teams I didn’t want this lol. I think they match up well tho. My father in law bought tickets already for us. So should be a fun trip back to Ohio after the game. 

13 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Indiana is better than Louisville this season.  Not sure why you think that????

Who's been to Jacksonville ?  I have. Unique that it has a downtown area, and a bridge to Jacksonville beach on the ocean.  Don't know about now, but when I was there, they allowed cars to drive on the beach, close to the water.  Look out for high tide !  LOL

Not only the most populous city in Florida.  But largest city in the US.... area wise.

Had a burger joint called Fast Burger or something like that, years ago.  WIth a grill capable of grilling 400 burgers at one time. Business failed. And was saved by people who changed the name to Burger King.  And the rest is history.

I like Jacksonville. And hope IU fans will enjoy the city as much as I did.

40 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Tennessee fan here. First of all, best of luck to you guys in the bowl game; hopefully it’s a great game and everyone stays healthy. In terms of the bowl selection, we Tennessee fans typically have a bias against the Music City Bowl. We have played in it many times in the past, as they like to choose us knowing we will bring a lot of fans to Nashville. We just view it as kind of a boring bowl to be in, seeing as how it’s only 2 and a half hours down the road from Knoxville and is typically pretty cold in Nashville in late December. We already play Vanderbilt in Nashville every other year, plus we usually play one of our early season non-conference games at the Titans stadium in Nashville once every few years. So Nashville just isn’t very exciting to us, at least not compared to a January bowl game in a much warmer Florida location. Our fans travel really well to bowl games, so the weather really does have a lot to do with it. Plus playing in Florida is seen as better for recruiting purposes. The Gator Bowl is just seen as more prestigious than the Music City Bowl, so you can’t really blame us for wanting it. One thing I can promise you, however, is that our fans do not consider Indiana to be an easier game than Louisville. It has been said many times on our forums that the one plus of going to the Music City Bowl and playing Louisville is that it would be an easier win for us. Kentucky is our only common opponent with Louisville...UK beat them 45-13, whereas we beat UK 17-13. You guys are 8-4, a game better than Louisville, and you also played a much harder schedule. Michigan State is the only somewhat “weak” loss on your schedule. So we know we will have a tough game ahead of us against you guys. I’m getting ready to go back and watch film on all your games...I already have the Ball State game queued up and ready to go! 

What in the name of_______ happened?   It was IU pUKe  ? Now this?  So much changed over one pile of brisket. I don't hate UT so I don't like the change.  At least it's still the Gator Bowl and against program with a great tradition!!  

EFF UK!!! AND UT!!!    Had to fix some of this after reading the reports.  

Always been IU first with Hurricanes close second. Many vacations though near dear old Rocky Top and have 2 very close friends who are diehard Vols fans...so this game will be fun.  I don't know much yet about their team. Otherwise I love the idea of playing UT. Good exposure, great bowl in a warm climate. Win win win.... 

3 minutes ago, UTVols1891 said:

Tennessee fan here. First of all, best of luck to you guys in the bowl game; hopefully it’s a great game and everyone stays healthy. In terms of the bowl selection, we Tennessee fans typically have a bias against the Music City Bowl. We have played in it many times in the past, as they like to choose us knowing we will bring a lot of fans to Nashville. We just view it as kind of a boring bowl to be in, seeing as how it’s only 2 and a half hours down the road from Knoxville and is typically pretty cold in Nashville in late December. We already play Vanderbilt in Nashville every other year, plus we usually play one of our early season non-conference games at the Titans stadium in Nashville once every few years. So Nashville just isn’t very exciting to us, at least not compared to a January bowl game in a much warmer Florida location. Our fans travel really well to bowl games, so the weather really does have a lot to do with it. Plus playing in Florida is seen as better for recruiting purposes. The Gator Bowl is just seen as more prestigious than the Music City Bowl, so you can’t really blame us for wanting it. One thing I can promise you, however, is that our fans do not consider Indiana to be an easier game than Louisville. It has been said many times on our forums that the one plus of going to the Music City Bowl and playing Louisville is that it would be an easier win for us. Kentucky is our only common opponent with Louisville...UK beat them 45-13, whereas we beat UK 17-13. You guys are 8-4, a game better than Louisville, and you also played a much harder schedule. Michigan State is the only somewhat “weak” loss on your schedule. So we know we will have a tough game ahead of us against you guys. I’m getting ready to go back and watch film on all your games...I already have the Ball State game queued up and ready to go! 

Welcome to the board and feel free to share what your team strength/weaknesses are all about. This board (can't say for others) is a great place for discussion. Tell your friends we always welcome great conversation here!

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Welcome to the board and feel free to share what your team strength/weaknesses are all about. This board (can't say for others) is a great place for discussion. Tell your friends we always welcome great conversation here!

Agreed with this.  Not to sound biased, but this is the most welcoming IU board out there.

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Who's been to Jacksonville ?  I have. Unique that it has a downtown area, and a bridge to Jacksonville beach on the ocean.  Don't know about now, but when I was there, they allowed cars to drive on the beach, close to the water.  Look out for high tide !  LOL

Not only the most populous city in Florida.  But largest city in the US.... area wise.

Had a burger joint called Fast Burger or something like that, years ago.  WIth a grill capable of grilling 400 burgers at one time. Business failed. And was saved by people who changed the name to Burger King.  And the rest is history.

I like Jacksonville. And hope IU fans will enjoy the city as much as I did.

Last time i was there was to see Tennessee destroy Iowa in the gator bowl a few years ago. 

Archived