Gator Bowl Pregame thread - IU vs. UT

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win will be a great way to end the season. Can’t wait to watch tomorrow  night and enjoy my second helping of “crow” (I also ate crow at the end of the season). I’m guilty for thinking that those predicting 8 wins were delusional. Glad I was wrong. Go Hoosiers.

40 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Great news that Bedford is likely playing.

Off topic, in regards to this game, but has there been any chatter in regards to Cronk coming back? If so, we could have quite an OL next year.

From what I've seen out there, it depends on how healthy he is. If he can work out for NFL scouts, he'll see what they say and go from there. If he isn't healthy enough to workout for them, he'll probably come back.

This is just from some things I've read the last couple weeks, so no inside info at all.

2 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Good comments about IU making the Gator Bowl and being a good win for Michigan during the Citrus Bowl broadcast. 

Thought I heard that correctly too. IU is the last Big 10 team to play their bowl in Florida and getting mentioned during Bama/Michigan game. I love 2020 so far!

On 1/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, IU878176 said:

Great news that Bedford is likely playing.

Off topic, in regards to this game, but has there been any chatter in regards to Cronk coming back? If so, we could have quite an OL next year.

Agree completely.  I think Cronk can be an NFL player but his frame gives me the sense of more of an inside guy.  I'd like to see him at center or maybe guard for a year.  I bet he could really impress.  Then, with Bedford and Jones at tackle, that's a line that's got some very good pieces.  You would still have Crider at guard or center, who has obviously started a ton of games.  Nworah will be available at guard.

I hope some of our younger guys are ready to take a big step forward.  We are losing a few guys, both starters and reserves, so we need young guys to step up now.  Marozas. Rafferty, Katic, and on and on.  Some were pretty good recruits and they've had some time in the system and with S and C.  Let's hope some of them can be reliable depth or compete to start.  I cannot make a judgment on any of the true freshmen, although I love what I have read about Brady Feeney.  We have had true freshmen start so you never know, but it's obviously difficult.  

If we can get both lines to take a step forward, the sky is the limit with our skill position talent and the back seven on D.

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A win tonight will be historic, without question. 

Allen becomes the 2nd coach in IU's history to coach in more than 1 bowl game.

The only two coaches to win bowl games at IU: Lee Corso, Bill Mallory.  Tom Allen can be the third. 

Also, a win tonight would bring Allen's career record to 19-19.  The last coach to end his career at IU at .500 or better? Bo McMillan, who coached from 1934-47. 

Archived