Gator Bowl Pregame thread - IU vs. UT

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

That knife cuts both ways. Same could be said about IU basketball.

True ! Yet we did not kick say - a Northwestern Basketball program - having a year well above par after our fall from grace!  Respect is all  I recall seeing, even on rivals. 

3 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

True ! Yet we did not kick say - a Northwestern Basketball program - having a year well above par after our fall from grace!  Respect is all  I recall seeing, even on rivals. 

I've just always found it best to not fire a two-headed arrow at someone, lest it get fired back at me.

I just like to improv(more like de-improv :D off of your comments when I have time, and actually awake simultaneously .  Just to see what you will say next :lol  Prue gold 99.9/100X    I am NOT trolling either .I say "other stuff too" 

This is merely post brisket , grilled buttered cabbage, then  butterscotch  cheesecake- celebratory Gator Bowl bid-  double barrel(Crown Royal + Butterscotch schnapps)  shots talking tonight . Forgive :D

I call this dinner and drink combo mind bombs - never failed a test in my life on the latter. I study much better on that .Butter makes everything better!

I SWEAR that once we have "been there in Florida for a bowl before" that  I will act like IU has been there before.

36 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It’s not really similar situations. Their arrogance and thinking they’re automatically better is different than our frustrations with the basketball team not being as good as the fan base thinks it should be. They disrespect an opponent directly. We show frustration in the results. 

2 hours ago, BeerBQ said:

Is there any status for Bedford or Scott? I saw that Hale was ruled out. 

Hale is done for the rest of the season. Scott may come back, Allen said that having the bowl game at a later date will really help. He is confident that Sampson James will be back and I think Bedford is a probable for the game too. He addressed a couple of injuries during today's press conference, which I will link below. 

It sucks that Hale will not be able to play in his home state in this bowl game. Having already been  around through so much program and personal adversity, he is one of the guys you really hate to see not get to reap the rewards.  I feel for him and the other injured players who can't play in the bowl game.

Separate note Allen could barely reign in the smile before failing to do so the minute Glass started about accepting the bid!  Gotta love coach Allen!  #LEO 

2 hours ago, IU878176 said:

Does this sound right???
It seems as though UT had a horrible start to the year but went on to finish by beating several bowl bound teams. Any idea as to how their DL will do against our OL ? Not sure of their strengths.

That’s the thing, I’ve followed college football and UT football for almost 30 years closely I’ve never seen a team change so dramatically than this UT football team. We were SO bad till Bama and played them SO tough and have flipped the switch since.

our defense is so improved it’s crazy and of all the units the DL has probably been most improved. This football team IS better than their record, because they’re not playing at all like they were early on. The team had major chemistry issues and a pocket of guys left the team and after that they flipped bigtime.

UT Weaknesses: Inconsistent QB play, young (but talented) secondary, young (but talented OL that has struggled run blocking, RB more “by committee” but true Freshman Gray is now breaking out...team still learning new offense and defensive schemes, overall team plays A LOT of true freshmen

UT Strengths: Defense is getting REALLY good, offense can put up big plays, WR’s might be top 3 WR Unit in the SEC, OL pass blocking can be very good, OC and Pruitt call a very smart game based on their weaknesses and strengths...this team WILL NOT overlook IU. They’ve been humbled enough. 😂 

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oh trust me, living as a life long fan of both programs they’ve mirrored each other in more ways than you can imagine. Even the past two coaches for each programs have been crazy similar.

Tom Cream = Butch Jones 

-moderate, inconsistent success at smaller D1, all hype no substance, recruited fairly well but struggled in roster management, not great X’s and O’s But thought they were.

Archie Miller = Jeremy Pruitt

-unproven hires with big upside, neither made the fan base get super jacked, very solid early recruiting, changing the culture, verdict still out but most fans committed to a couple years to see, both not amazing in front of the mic, but obviously know the game.

the paths of these two programs have been a roller coaster for a fan of both.

i’ll also Say both will rise again. Both have everything a program needs to eventually rebuild itself to its glory years. 

On 12/8/2019 at 8:22 PM, BeerBQ said:

Is there any status for Bedford or Scott? I saw that Hale was ruled out. 

i think hale has been ruled out since mid september. is he even on the team still? other than a crucial end zone drop i can't remember him being on the field

8 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Oh trust me, living as a life long fan of both programs they’ve mirrored each other in more ways than you can imagine. Even the past two coaches for each programs have been crazy similar.

Tom Cream = Butch Jones 

-moderate, inconsistent success at smaller D1, all hype no substance, recruited fairly well but struggled in roster management, not great X’s and O’s But thought they were.

Archie Miller = Jeremy Pruitt

-unproven hires with big upside, neither made the fan base get super jacked, very solid early recruiting, changing the culture, verdict still out but most fans committed to a couple years to see, both not amazing in front of the mic, but obviously know the game.

the paths of these two programs have been a roller coaster for a fan of both.

i’ll also Say both will rise again. Both have everything a program needs to eventually rebuild itself to its glory years. 

Living in Cincinnati, I had a passing interest in Jones.  Is it safe to say that he officially was just riding Kelly's coattails at CMU/UC?

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Living in Cincinnati, I had a passing interest in Jones.  Is it safe to say that he officially was just riding Kelly's coattails at CMU/UC?

Absolutely. I mean look at the fact that he’s had NO serious interest from anyone since being fired! He’s holding a clipboard at bama and doing stats. He’s a glorified manager.

20 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Also he WAS liked by many of his recruits but he was HATED by many of them and their families. He made promises left and right to get recruits he couldn’t keep and didn’t. And for whatever reason he always got skill guys and never felt the need to get good linemen so when pruitt got here we were a MESS.

13 hours ago, MPM said:

It’s a fan base living in the past and not reality. They weren’t even competitive versus the SEC upper echelon. Flat out got embarrassed.

Kind of like our basketball fans. 

They played with UGA for 3qs and Bana for all 4. They did get whipped by UF. 

Not sure what any of that has to do with us though. 

Archived