Gator Bowl Pregame thread - IU vs. UT

15 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Thanks for the link. I see the breakdown was written by Zach Osterman.  Started out at The Indiana Daily Student.  Moved on to 247 (Hoosier Nation ) where he and I traded  private messages.  Then replaced the late great Terry Hutchins, when Terry left the Indy Star, after many, many years there. Weird to think that Terry moved on to 247, before leaving for CNHI.   So glad to know that Zach is still doing well.

Oh so many memories. 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, rico said:

All I can say is that IF Vol fans think that if they flood the stadium with orange is gonna make a difference that they are sorely mistaken.  We play at big venues with hostiles all the time.  We didn't do too bad at Nebraska or Penn St. this year.

Absolutely correct. It’s not like they’re going to be the best team that we’ve played all year. Not even close as a matter of fact. What I can promise them is that this is the best offense they’ve faced since Alabama. 

45 minutes ago, rico said:

All I can say is that IF Vol fans think that if they flood the stadium with orange is gonna make a difference that they are sorely mistaken.  We play at big venues with hostiles all the time.  We didn't do too bad at Nebraska or Penn St. this year.

I don't mind taking on the role of underdog one bit. Especially with this team and especially in bowl games. Every year during bowl season there are numerous teams that just don't show up for whatever reason. Disappointing bowl or year or on and on. IU shouldn't be in this category since we'll be trying to do something no other IU team has done before guys started walking on the moon....but if makes a little hungrier to be the dog. I'm cool with that.

3 hours ago, rico said:

I think it will make the game more exciting. The more people in the stands, the more exciting the atmosphere for the team.  9 wins would be a huge accomplishment. 

51 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think it will make the game more exciting. The more people in the stands, the more exciting the atmosphere for the team.  9 wins would be a huge accomplishment. 

I get that...but I have seen on other sites where Vol fans are considering this to be a home game.  

On 12/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, IllinoisVolFan said:

It isn’t a home game but it will feel like one. 2016 Outback Bowl comes to mind. 

Learn the words to Rocky Top.  

I can't wait to play old Rocky Top

Down in that Jacksonville bowl

If you discount us too much there, Rocky Top

You'll dig yourself a pretty deep hole

Archived