Welcome Vols Fans

We all do it. For bowl or tournament games, we all scout out our opponents' fan sites looking for insights into the team and the fans.

For those UT fans that are here in anticipation of the Gator Bowl, welcome. We like to think we're a pretty good natured site. We'd love it if you want to jump into the conversation and share your side of this match-up. General rule...we'll keep it civil, so please do the same. For the most part, we're always up for good natured debate and/or conversation and don't need to have everything spun in a pro-IU direction, so long as it's civil and based in reality. The occasional elbow to the ribs is tolerable, so long as you don't mind one back.

So have at it. Checkerboards vs candystripes. Go.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

How did you get this thread pinned ?   Friends in low places ?   I jest.  Well kind of.

Any way.  Here is what they are saying about us, so far :

Tennessee vs Indiana Mismatch

No, please do not judge any Vol fans by the idiots at Vol Nation.  Nearly every Vol fan on a serious Vol site has either been banned there or wouldn't go near the place.

With that being said. Thank you very much for the welcome.

27 minutes ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

No, please do not judge any Vol fans by the idiots at Vol Nation.  Nearly every Vol fan on a serious Vol site has either been banned there or wouldn't go near the place.

Let if be known. We at HSN have a long history of welcoming fans from other fan bases.  So long as they are not trolling.,and are civil in posting.

Thanks for finding our site. And looking forward to some lively, yet civil discussion leading up to the game.

1 hour ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

We also have other fan sites, both independent and connected to the national networks. I'll leave you to your own judgment of them, as I'm obviously an unbiased opinion, but if you notice, the top of the page says "HSN3.0". That's not representative of the site's design or anything. HSN as a community has been through 3 distinct iterations, going from an independent to absorbed into the 247 network and back to independent. We have several members that have been active participants on all 3 iterations (and some even going back to the old Scout forums). I think that says something about the atmosphere we've built here.

18 hours ago, milehiiu said:

How did you get this thread pinned ?   Friends in low places ?   I jest.  Well kind of.

Any way.  Here is what they are saying about us, so far :

Tennessee vs Indiana Mismatch

Anything posted on Volnation immediately loses all credibility.  If you were to combine bleacher report with cumulative brain trauma...Volnation is what you would get.

28 minutes ago, Madmaxvol said:

By the way...I can't say how sorry I was that Camion Patrick's career ended the way it did.  I have followed him since he was in Middle School, and was really hoping that he would do big things at Indiana.  Injuries suck.

Us too.  Kid had serious talent, and in the few times he got on the field, he was fun to watch.  Definitely could have been a game changer. 

54 minutes ago, Madmaxvol said:

By the way...I can't say how sorry I was that Camion Patrick's career ended the way it did.  I have followed him since he was in Middle School, and was really hoping that he would do big things at Indiana.  Injuries suck.

I can relate. I have followed De'Ron Davis,  from Colorado, who is now a Senior on our BB team since 8th grade.  Spent hours going to his games in high school. And who has suffered with injuries, before and during his entire career at IU. Injuries suck.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I can relate. I have followed De'Ron Davis,  from Colorado, who is now a Senior on our BB team since 8th grade.  Spent hours going to his games in high school. And who has suffered with injuries, before and during his entire career at IU. Injuries suck.

I think you sold us a bill of goods on Dsquare, just sayin'......

5 hours ago, Madmaxvol said:

Anything posted on Volnation immediately loses all credibility.  If you were to combine bleacher report with cumulative brain trauma...Volnation is what you would get.

Oh come on. VolNation is worse than that.

One place that is just as bad. Matter of fact, most of them go to VolNation. Facebook group Vol For Life. Has maybe 30,000 members. About 29,990 of them are idiots.

26 minutes ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

Not sure what a Hoosier is, but pretty sure that Bluetick Hound will tree it.

Truth be known.  Many of us don't know what a Hoosier is either.  Over the years. There have been many and varied ideas as to what a Hoosier is.  All I know is that I am a proud Hoosier. 

And you and other UT fans are experiencing Hoosier Hospitality.  How many other fan boards have a thread welcoming an upcoming Bowl opponent, much less pinning it ?

53 minutes ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

One place that is just as bad. Matter of fact, most of them go to VolNation. Facebook group Vol For Life. Has maybe 30,000 members. About 29,990 of them are idiots.

So.....pretty well par for the course for Facebook in general then?

17 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

We have a couple of Facebook pages like that.  I think they started the #firearchiemiller page before his first game.

19 hours ago, SavageOrangeJug said:

Not sure what a Hoosier is, but pretty sure that Bluetick Hound will tree it.

In some regions Hoosier is used as a derogation term similar to redneck. 

One of your most notable fans has repeatedly said that “what this world needs is a few more rednecks.”

Have to wonder who he REALLY supports in this game. 

hxDAAK.gif

But Mile is right. No one actually knows. 

Archived