Welcome Vols Fans

39 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Never noticed this before, but flagship state universities tend to be the ones with more unusual nicknames/mascots.  Hoosiers. Volunteers. Tar Heels. Fighting Illini. Badgers. Wolverines. Scarlet Knights. Golden Bears. Hawkeyes. Huskers. Longhorns. Sooners. Gamecocks. Vandals.

You left out..... Trojans.   LOL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I bet that was it. The Irish and Redmen  were both on the list. I am forgetting 1

The nickname has been said in the posts above, but associated with a different school.

Edit: And old nickname, but St. John's is still on the list (Redmen/Red Storm).

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I thought Wolfpack was already used but it was with Nevada. 

That's the one that hasn't been mentioned. 

Major conference schools whose mascot doesn't end in 'S': Illinois, Alabama, Notre Dame, NC State, Syracuse, Stanford, St. Johns.

Others: Tulane, Nevada, Navy, UMass and 17 others.  (There's actually 28.  The list I had was a few years old, and one school moved up to D1 in that time.)

I'll claim the one that moved up, only because it's my wife's alma mater: Northern Kentucky Norse.

Hint: Billingsley was right....a lot of these involve colors. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, milehiiu said:

And you and other UT fans are experiencing Hoosier Hospitality.  How many other fan boards have a thread welcoming an upcoming Bowl opponent, much less pinning it ?

Really...pretty much every OOC opponent we play against (both regular season and bowls).  The boards filled with trolls give college football fans a bad name.  Most college football fans just want to talk about the game, and enjoy some good-hearted back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm emotionally divided on this.

I sure don't have anything personal against DeBoer,and appreciate what he has done at/for IU. Same goes for the sign of respect and reinforcement of the family environment. 

However that is when you thank a guy and give him front row seats IMO.

I also want an Indiana man coaching the Indiana team.At the same time I can't fault anyone for disagreeing.

Again with such good points both in favor and against him coaching the offense in the Gator Bowl; As well as there not really being an absolute "right nor wrong" answer to it, the internal conflict comes in so in the end I'll watch and wish for a W. Also hoping DeBoer does a great job at FSU, but not nearly as well as he does coaching the offense in this bowl.Agree to disagree.

Edit: I took the OC specation out to post separately.

1 hour ago, jblaz13 said:

I'm emotionally divided on this.

I sure don't have anything personal against DeBoer,and appreciate what he has done at/for IU. Same goes for the sign of respect and reinforcement of the family environment. 

However that is when you thank a guy and give him front row seats IMO.

I also want an Indiana man coaching the Indiana team.At the same time I can't fault anyone for disagreeing.

Again with such good points both in favor and against him coaching the offense in the Gator Bowl; As well as there not really being an absolute "right nor wrong" answer to it, the internal conflict comes in so in the end I'll watch and wish for a W. Also hoping DeBoer does a great job at FSU, but not nearly as well as he does coaching the offense in this bowl.Agree to disagree.

Side thought I haven't had/nor will have much time to read back prior to this page, but does this move of allowing DeBoer to be OC in the bowl also indicate anything to be implied about/ on Hart regarding the vacant spot?

Does this mean Hart is the man getting one last walkthrough before the job is his, OR, does this indicate there is not decisiveness on Hart to warrant immediately promoting him.

Possibilities of Hart being promoted to OC, or staying with the backs. Or indication IU either wants to checl the market, possibly even pursue other candidates with the intent to hire someone else.I'll check out the rest of this and the OC thread later.Hopefully during breaks in the basketball game.

There are other threads below that discuss this.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, rico said:

There are other threads below that discuss this.

Holy isht!!! This is the Welcome Vols fans thread.I SWEAR i clicked the DeBoer thread and not sure how I ended up here but  my fingers are big enough to click on 3 threads at a time

After I read your reply I sat and wondered what about Hart was not relevant to DeBoer.Lol 

Let's just say I had some  to drink this weekend, Ok! :D Took me until sobriety today to realize why .Geez. SMDH

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Funny enough with the exception of our two flagship programs the B1G has played well in bowl games this year. That said we are probably the biggest underdog of all the teams. Hope we play well...we have a chance in prime time to grow momentum for the program.

We're only a 2.5 point underdog.  I think Michigan and Minnesota were both around a 7 point underdog.  Cal was a 6 point favorite against Illinois.  Wish I would have known that one before, would have bet the farm on Cal!

Archived