Charlie Spegal Commits to Indiana

KDB

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Going to have to think about this one.  There's got to be a middle ground where I still wind up a billionaire that still involves cocaine and hookers.

Let's go back and invest in Enron?  I remember hearing back in the day that they were supposed to be a good company.  Not sure what happened to them.

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

This amazes me that the 2019 Indiana Mr. Football winner, (BY A LANDSLIDE) is only a preferred walk on at IU. IMO he will quickly earn a scholarship at IU. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/12/19/new-palestine-rb-charlie-spegal-wins-2019-indiana-mr-football/2674201001/

Agreed.  Not only did he set the state rushing record, he shattered it.  Rushed for almost 11000 yards while the previous record was a little over 8000.  Broke it by 2757 yards.

We also had the 3rd and 6th place guys with Wise and Holtz.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

Agreed.  Not only did he set the state rushing record, he shattered it.  Rushed for almost 11000 yards while the previous record was a little over 8000.  Broke it by 2757 yards.

We also had the 3rd and 6th place guys with Wise and Holtz.

He was rated 2 star and the only schools to offer a scholarship were Army and Indiana St. I am wondering if maybe it's his shorter stature of 5' 10" and 220 lbs....Puzzles me. Check out this highlight video......Incredible physical ability! He's an absolute BULLDOZER!!!

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CWGb0

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, rico said:

Somebody correct me if I am wrong...but wasn't Baker Mayfield a walk-on at Oklahoma?

Baker has said that his family could not afford out of state tuition but Oklahoma was his dream school. Family made sacrifices so he could go to Texas Tech them when he decided to go to OU his parents moved in with other family members so they could afford tuition.  Story like that makes me pull a little for him, even though I dislike Cleveland 

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Baker has said that his family could not afford out of state tuition but Oklahoma was his dream school. Family made sacrifices so he could go to Texas Tech them when he decided to go to OU his parents moved in with other family members so they could afford tuition.  Story like that makes me pull a little for him, even though I dislike Cleveland 

I would assume that everyone involved has been paid in full.

Archived