IU - UCONN Pre-Game, Tuesday Night

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

The thing is with those people they won't listen to you when you say coach A and B took 3 to 4 years before they turned their program around and became a great coach,

Yeah, I know.  Been trying for years.  I treat it as personal entertainment at this point. 

Hey, it's better than what passes for TV these days. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is who I wanted the last time but it is apparent he is not leaving WSU

He's never been offered a top 10 job as far as I know.  He wanted the UT job badly if you believe the rumors.  And no I don't want Archie fired.  But he has to make the dance this season no matter what.  If we don't and he gets a 4th year it will be so ugly I can't even imagine.

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He's never been offered a top 10 job as far as I know.  He wanted the UT job badly if you believe the rumors.  And no I don't want Archie fired.  But he has to make the dance this season no matter what.  If we don't and he gets a 4th year it will be so ugly I can't even imagine.

Don’t think so. He gets 4 years no matter what. If he doesn’t make it after the 4th year then it would get ugly. But until then I’m in his camp 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not everyone who criticizes IU or its coach is an idiot.  There are some very well informed and fact based arguments by some intelligent people.  Please try to not lump everyone into the same boat. Not saying every criticism post is well thought out or intelligent, just they all aren't.  Just like not every positive post is a sunshine up the @ss pumping,  blindly following the leadership like a lemming post.  Just my 2 cents though.  I am usually wrong so take it for what its worth

Completely agree. 

There's constructive criticism and discussion, and then there's the people that turn every loss into a referendum on the coach's ability and whether or not he should be fired. I don't have a problem with the first one and I participate in the first one when there are things I disagree with that the coach does. The second one gets old really, really fast. 

Though, I guess the cure to it all is just winning and winning consistently. 

Back to pregame talk.  

This game feels like the conversation we had last year early in the losing streak.  How are the guys going to respond? Imo this game will tell us all we need to know about the season.  Don't show up and compete and this will be another 500 or under B1G and probably just miss the tournament.  Show up and compete tooth and nail, even if it's a close loss and I still anticipate 10-8 or slightly better in conference.  

26 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

1 loss and people are talking about it’s going to get ugly if we don’t make the tourney 😂😂 dear lord did everyone think we were going undefeated. Let’s let this team get healthy and see what it can do.. oh and when we are healthy we’re gonna lose a few to. Geeesh.

We lost to Wisconsin...not Evansville or Steven F Austin...God forbid we did that. Now...I was concerned but it was our first road game in a den of nightmares every year for us. Heck if we can go 500 on the road and win most of our home games we will make the dance. Talk about overreactions by some....Geesh is right!

56 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

He won't get fired after year 3 no matter what and he shouldn't

42 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

1 loss and people are talking about it’s going to get ugly if we don’t make the tourney 😂😂 dear lord did everyone think we were going undefeated. Let’s let this team get healthy and see what it can do.. oh and when we are healthy we’re gonna lose a few to. Geeesh.

That is the rivals coming out in him

I hope Rob is back and starting alongside DG.  Just seems for IU to reach their potential this year they should  start.  Not at all disappointed with Durham and Franklin.  I just feel RP as a point guard seems to know how to handle the position like a QB and keep the team focused when the game is not going well. As soon as things went badly Saturday,  everybody probably tried to do to much. 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Not everyone who criticizes IU or its coach is an idiot.  There are some very well informed and fact based arguments by some intelligent people.  Please try to not lump everyone into the same boat. Not saying every criticism post is well thought out or intelligent, just they all aren't.  Just like not every positive post is a sunshine up the @ss pumping,  blindly following the leadership like a lemming post.  Just my 2 cents though.  I am usually wrong so take it for what its worth

Exactly people complaining about the people criticizing Archie are the same people who thought the people that saw Crean for what he was early were wrong and they were idiots up until the day they weren’t. 

I want Archie to succeed. But the simple fact of the matter is the results have been not up to the standards of Butler or Purdue. Let alone a “basketball school” like IU.   And we consider to see the same things that don’t make sense being repeated. 

Going against the conventional wisdom is all well and good when you are winning consistently. When you are losing the majority of non cupcake games it begs a lot of questions. 

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

img24491616.jpg

This guys wife and him wouldn't last 5 minutes in Bloomington. Great coach but his wife is a handful....would never, never ever want that pairing at IU. 

Edit-We have the guy anyway. Talking about replacement to me is either another thread or just plain silly. 

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Who needs to get healthy other than Rob?  Do we have 3 or 4 guys injured?

Well, its a safe assumption that De'Ron probably has some little nagging injury that isn't enough to keep him out.  But aside from that, Rob is it to my knowledge.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

This guys wife and him wouldn't last 5 minutes in Bloomington. Great coach but his wife is a handful....would never, never ever want that pairing at IU.

Ha! Forgot about that.  Yes, Mrs. Marshall enjoys her adult beverages on occasion.  Some of those occasions include: lunch, days that end in "Y", game days, non-game days.....

51 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

But honestly if the coaches wife factored into our admins hiring decision then it's no wonder we've been down for so long.

Or no wonder why said coach isn’t getting a big school job. See I can go both ways with it. Let’s be real...Marshall isn’t nearly as hot a commodity as he was 4-5 years ago. He is sheltered at WSU...he is not the answer.

Archived