Hoosier-Husky Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Yup, good for you to be in CO tonight, Looking at a 10:00 start.

On a side note Milehiiu....Put going to the Hall on your bucket list and get your butt there :) .. Just be sure it is a decent opponent and the students are on campus. I was able to get back to Bloomington for the FSU game and it was electric. 

Nothing I would love more than to make it to SSAH for a game.  Been in the Hall. But never for a game.  It was finished being built, while I was a student. 

Just now, Hippopotamo said:

Defense looks a lot better when Brunk isn’t out there. Dude should only get backup center minutes. 

Problem is Davis is as slow as he is laterally, vertically and any other ally way we want. Need to play faster smaller lineup. No faith in Brunk or Davis against quick teams.....which is about 95% of college hoops

2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

So am I wrong that our “system” is designed to never shoot threes on offense and give up wide open threes on defense? Because it sure looks that way through 76 games.

It absolutely is. The system is designed to turn down three's and we rarely if ever run plays designed to get an open one. It's force it inside and take a tough three if the play isn't working. It's infuriating and predictable.

That's fine if you want to play that way but you have to add some sort of shooting element that's designed to balance the system out. 

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

So am I wrong that our “system” is designed to never shoot threes on offense and give up wide open threes on defense? Because it sure looks that way through 76 games.

The system may not do a great job of creating good looks from 3, but I think we also have a lot of guys that just don't have good court awareness right now. Case in point on that play where TJD got stripped after the rebound. Had 3 defenders on him and not one teammate could find a gap for him to kick the ball out.

Archived