Home for the holidays? Travel plans

NotIThatLives

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

So the radio just said that 47.5 million Americans will be flying in the next two weeks. I did the math and that's more than one for every eight.  I'm at the firehouse Christmas Day my family is coming to me for the first time in twelve years now that we have the baby boy.

That should be a great time.  Nothing brings the family in like a little one.  Thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

So the radio just said that 47.5 million Americans will be flying in the next two weeks. I did the math and that's more than one for every eight.  I'm at the firehouse Christmas Day my family is coming to me for the first time in twelve years now that we have the baby boy.

You haven't reached the fun stage yet.  Wait until you're up at 1:30AM after one too many egg nogs and trying to assemble $&#* with a pair of tweezers and an allen wrench. 

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

For the first time in many years I will not be going to Russia to see my best friend in the world! Also, because I do Thanksgiving with family the kid's and Grandkids are going to see the ex, Guess I'll get a copy of the "Home Alone" series and watch that this holiday!

Neat.  Have fun and wish you safe trip.

For years, I and my family would open Christmas presents on the beach of Cancun.  But with the increase in Cartel Drug activity ( and yes, it happens in town and on the beach of Cancun ), we have no desire to renew that Christmas tradition.

20 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Neat.  Have fun and wish you safe trip.

For years, I and my family would open Christmas presents on the beach of Cancun.  But with the increase in Cartel Drug activity ( and yes, it happens in town and on the beach of Cancun ), we have no desire to renew that Christmas tradition.

mile, I think you need to reread my post.😄 But I appreciate your story about Cancun, and I have to admit I do have concerns about the anti-America sympathies in Russia when I travel there! I do my best to blend, my friend makes it easy though!! Actually though, when in a private setting and people find out that I'm American it usually turns into a VERY positive experience! If only our governments could figure out how to get along like that!

8 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

mile, I think you need to reread my post.😄 But I appreciate your story about Cancun, and I have to admit I do have concerns about the anti-America sympathies in Russia when I travel there! I do my best to blend, my friend makes it easy though!! Actually though, when in a private setting and people find out that I'm American it usually turns into a VERY positive experience! If only our governments could figure out how to get along like that!

My bad. And my apologies.  I overlooked the first time you will NOT be visiting your best friend.

I'm traveling next door to move into the neighbor's place to dog sit (2) and cat sit (1) while they go see family up north for the week. Wife is staying home and taking in another friend's dog at our place for the week.

We don't have any family close by, and it's our way of giving to people we care about.

34 minutes ago, DWB said:

I'm traveling next door to move into the neighbor's place to dog sit (2) and cat sit (1) while they go see family up north for the week. Wife is staying home and taking in another friend's dog at our place for the week.

We don't have any family close by, and it's our way of giving to people we care about.

How cool.  Dogs are some of the most favorite people I know.  Have a Merry Christmas.  And send my best to your wife as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived