Conference record expectation

bobtcat2

13 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Maybe i am just not seeing what i am trying to explain.  Maybe i just don't like this team and don't see the good in them.  Not sure but i just don't think they run a very good offense.  

I think the offense is fine but sometimes it is the lack of execution that hurts

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Maybe i am just not seeing what i am trying to explain.  Maybe i just don't like this team and don't see the good in them.  Not sure but i just don't think they run a very good offense.  

Just my take right or wrong, I think you’d see the offense differently if we had shooting and playmaking from the wing, which would open those lanes and further spur backdoor cuts. I see guys like Green running off screens, I see hustle on offense, but the offense is limited without wing play 

On 12/12/2019 at 11:34 AM, IowaHoosierFan said:

i am going to go with 9-11.  I just don't trust this team yet.  Even though we won ugly and a win is a win, i don't see much change from last year to this.  Still can't run a decent offense, leave 3 point shooters open way to much, and turn the ball over to much still.  But i am a pessimist and i am also not a huge fan of Coach Miller as a coach, like him as a person and recruiter, just my personal thoughts on his coaching. 

I'm seeing either 8-12 or 9-11  Didn't like the Nebraska performance at all.  Nebraska is really bad and this was damn near a home loss.  I'll be optimistic and go 9-11 but play has got to pick up soon.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, morganmonroe said:

I ran the schedule against Sagarin's current ratings, adding 3 points for home court.  This was the result.  

0-1 now

Nebraska     (-14)    1-1
@ Maryland  (+8)    1-2
Northwestern (-9)    2-2
Ohio State     (+6)        2-3
@Rutgers    (-1.5)       3-3
@ Nebraska  (-8)       4-3
Michigan State (-.5)        5-3
Maryland (+2)       5-4
@ Penn St.   (+5.5)    5-5
@ Ohio State   (+12)    5-6
Purdue (-.5)    6-6
Iowa (-3)        7-6
@ Michigan   (+6)    7-7
@ Minnesota  (-1.5)    8-7
Penn St. (-.5)    9-7
@ Purdue (+5.5)    9-8
@ Illinois (+2.5)    9-9
Minnesota (-7.5)    10-9
Wisconsin (-6)    11-9

That's 20-9 going into the B10 tournament.  If that holds I see a bid, maybe a 4-5 seed?  You guys know better than me on that.  Just FWIW.

You think they're going to win all three of those -0.5 games?  Half point isn't much.

7 hours ago, bobtcat2 said:

You think they're going to win all three of those -0.5 games?  Half point isn't much.

It's an estimation based on Sagarin's ratings.  They're also his CURRENT ratings which are fluid.  Simply trying to make a helpful contribution to the thread.

Ask bobtcat1 how to go about that.

7 hours ago, morganmonroe said:

It's an estimation based on Sagarin's ratings.  They're also his CURRENT ratings which are fluid.  Simply trying to make a helpful contribution to the thread.

Ask bobtcat1 how to go about that.

Ha ha, OK.  Bobtcat1 is out of commission, but he says 9-11.  Not so different from bobtcat2's 8-12 prediction.

10 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

To be honest, it’ll be a small miracle if we end up with a winning conference record.  The only gimme games left on the schedule are Northwestern, Penn State, and Minnesota at home... And after last night, I’m not even sure the second two games in that list qualify as gimmes.  

If you think Penn St is a "gimme" at home, you haven't watched them play.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If you think Penn St is a "gimme" at home, you haven't watched them play.

What, because they beat a wildly overrated Maryland team at home?  People say this about Penn State every year.  They’ll end up finishing in the bottom half of the conference like they do every year.  That absolutely should be a gimme game at home, but like I said in my original post, I’m not sure any game but the Northwestern game is a gimme for this team.

7 hours ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I’ll say 9-11. That being said I think there will be a log jam of teams between 8-10 wins. A few will separate on each side above and below..but I see 8 teams separated by 1-2 games. 

I'm coming around to 9-11 rather than 8-12.  9 conference wins plus a win or maybe two in the conference tournament would get them in the NCAA.  I don't think 8-12 leaves any possibility.  Figure 3 home losses, so need to get 2 on the road.  Minnesota and Nebraska seem like possibilities. 

I am hoping for 11-9 because we have a lot of players that’s playing there way into shape. We will have games we’re we are hitting from outside and everyone will think we’re better. Like MSU last year always ups and downs in a season. The BIG is better than most of us thought. I think ILLINOIS will be the surprise team this year. Cockburn is improving ( lucky for me right) I think he will be one of the top five picks in the NBA.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:06 PM, Bugsmall said:

I am hoping for 11-9 because we have a lot of players that’s playing there way into shape. We will have games we’re we are hitting from outside and everyone will think we’re better. Like MSU last year always ups and downs in a season. The BIG is better than most of us thought. I think ILLINOIS will be the surprise team this year. Cockburn is improving ( lucky for me right) I think he will be one of the top five picks in the NBA.

No doubt, he was an incredible get for Illinois.  Funny to read those articles that other coaches were trashing Illinois trying to get him.

Archived