10 years ago, today (Aug 22)....

^^^ Thanks PJ for your reply.  Agree with all you said.

On top of that, I remember Matt as one who restored my faith in the "student/athlete" part of college basketball.... especially after Sampsongate and IUBB players failing to attend classes, along with acheiving 19 F's.... all in one semester.

Another thing I remember Matt for, is kind of weird.  Always found it unique, that here was an IU player from Washington, Illinois.... playing along side another IU player (Cody Zeller), who hailed from Washington, Indiana.   Two small towns, that few had ever heard of before. 

I remember Matt being named an Academic All-American. And getting a master's while under full scholarship.   Sure was not the best all around player to ever don the candy stripes.  But what he did to help set the ship right after Sampson, should never be forgotten.

And per Matt's profile, it looks like he is doing quite well for himself.....

Matt Roth | Professional Profile

24 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Roth was the first great spot-up long distance shooter I saw at IU.  Then Hulls took the mantle from Roth, and Zeisloft took the mantle from Hulls.  Whenever those guys put it up, I knew it was going in.

Roth also settled in a great city post-graduation.

Somehow, I have a tendency to derail threads, and start to talk about food.   My apologies.

So I will try harder this time.  And try to merge the two together.  Well, here goes..... Wonder if Matt has been turned onto this FW institution ?   Old article, but the place is still going strong.

Powers Hamburgers: A Fort Wayne, Indiana, Treasure (Just Like Major Frank Burns) | Serious Eats

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Somehow, I have a tendency to derail threads, and start to talk about food.   My apologies.

So I will try harder this time.  And try to merge the two together.  Well, here goes..... Wonder if Matt has been turned onto this FW institution ?   Old article, but the place is still going strong.

Powers Hamburgers: A Fort Wayne, Indiana, Treasure (Just Like Major Frank Burns) | Serious Eats

I'm sure he has.  There are a ton of old favorites in Fort Wayne like Powers, Coney Island, and Cindy's Diner.  At the same time, they are revitalizing the downtown area, and a bunch of great new restaurants are popping up.  This place is one of the best restaurants I've been to in all of Indiana:

http://news-sentinel.com/living/Restaurant-review--Tolon

1 hour ago, newhavenwarford said:

I remember back on the old old board I put my neck on the line and said he could break the all-time three point record.....i was close he holds (A) 3pt record

Might have made you a prophet, had he been allowed his fifth year.

Matt Roth Done at IU and What It Means to the Hoosiers' Success | Bleacher Report

Archived