Hutch. It's too early to give up on this IU team.

milehiiu

5 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

You know, Hoosiertildeath and I were just having a similar conversation about how he has mellowed over the years and how we laugh about our rivals obsession with IU.  :coffee:

That. Was. Awesome. 

I enjoy HTD and even laugh at some of the over-the-top stuff he says, but I genuinely hope he doesn't get stressed out about IU basketball.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That. Was. Awesome. 

I enjoy HTD and even laugh at some of the over-the-top stuff he says, but I genuinely hope he doesn't get stressed out about IU basketball.

I don't think he does. I think he just enjoys IU hoops almost as he does trolling many on this board. 

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Fouls, check out Archie’s interview previewing Sunday’s game. Very informative and the first 2/3’s he largely addresses the turnovers, offense and returning players having to be “de-programmed”. He’s definitely ticked off about the turnovers. 

I think the turnovers are largely a player thing and a Crean thing, it’s just taking longer to weed out than everyone hoped. Just like last year, many of the turnovers are just plain bonehead, unforced turnovers, which is so frustrating. Guys literally dribbling the ball away with no defense on them, throwing passes out of bounds with no pressure even on them, standing out of bounds to catch passes. They’re ridiculous turnovers. I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever seen a group of players so careless with the ball as I have watching IU the last year+. 

But, Archie will weed it out IMO and he’s clearly more frustrated with it than we are. Check out the interview though, it’s a good listen  

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/11/17/video-archie-miller-justin-smith-preview-south-florida/

Good find.  Thanks for sharing.  It’s refreshing to listen to a coherent, articulate, bright coach.  I could listen to Archie talk basketball shop all day. 

I am not flinching in my support of Archie.  Philosophically, he’s running the program the way I’d want.  

He inherited a mess. There are no impact players right now.  In time, maybe a guy or two will be an impact guy.  In view of all this, this is going to take time.  Time will tell but my sense is we have a rising star.  

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good find.  Thanks for sharing.  It’s refreshing to listen to a coherent, articulate, bright coach.  I could listen to Archie talk basketball shop all day. 

I am not flinching in my support of Archie.  Philosophically, he’s running the program the way I’d want.  

He inherited a mess. There are no impact players right now.  In time, maybe a guy or two will be an impact guy.  In view of all this, this is going to take time.  Time will tell but my sense is we have a rising star.  

Completely agree, I’m fully aboard the Archie Train!

Archived