Randy Holtz Commits to Indiana

KDB

• KDB changed the title to Randy Holtz Commits to Indiana
2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Sounds too good to be true....why only a 3 star?

These rankings are really odd sometimes. I'm not qualified to complain to these recruiting services... but.. I will say that if you dont go to those combines and those camps they have.. you arent going to be rated highly. Just wont happen.  

Spriggs was a nobody. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

These rankings are really odd sometimes. I'm not qualified to complain to these recruiting services... but.. I will say that if you dont go to those combined and those camps they have.. you arent going to be rated highly. Just wont happen.  

Spriggs was a nobody. 

So was Feeney. He was only 3*.

I'd say OL is a position where diamonds in the rough are a little more plentiful. The nuances of techniques and overall toughness don't translate well to film.

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

So was Feeney. He was only 3*.

I'd say OL is a position where diamonds in the rough are a little more plentiful. The nuances of techniques and overall toughness don't translate well to film.

And competition level and those combines... all of that along with blocking schemes. Literally would be sooo hard to evaluate. 

Running a fly route is running a fly route. 

Picking up a delayed blitz from a 6'3 230lbs athletic D1 LBer is NOT something they can scout. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And competition level and those combines... all of that along with blocking schemes. Literally would be sooo hard to evaluate. 

Running a fly route is running a fly route. 

Picking up a delayed blitz from a 6'3 230lbs athletic D1 LBer is NOT something they can scout. 

Plus, finding a kid that might be an incredible pass blocker but is an average run blocker, and whose offense is 75% run (or vice versa). Not much of a chance to showcase what he does well.

Archived