TJD, and some Advanced Stats worth noting

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

I'm confused about these numbers, unless I'm misinterpreting them (?) Devonte is shooting 38% on the season from 3, and he's somewhere around 28% since the FSU game, Al is 34.5%, and Rob 33%. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/84

Don't mean to hijack the thread or the subject, I'm just wondering if I missed something?

My post was 12/16, what's confusing? Never mind, I see your more recent post now.

The opening post was primarily about TJD -- 18 games in, he's shooting 63.4% on FG's, averaging 14.2 PPG, with a 71% FT percentage... as a frosh. He is outstanding and continuing to play on a Cody-like level, imo.

On the 3-point shooting, percentages have dropped, for sure, but you also have to look at the number of shots taken:

Green - 37% - 28 of 76 

Al - 34.5% - 19 of 55

Rob - 33% - 11 of 33

Green and Al's numbers are still respectable, we're not a great 3-point shooting team, clearly, and that also has to do with the way the offense is run, how we're creating or not creating space and screens, but we do have guys who can hit from deep, and having a play-making, shooting wing can help that. Smith is shooting 25% on 7 of 28. 

On the limited playing time they've been given, our wings haven't shot better, though think we're seeing improvement in the last couple of games with Rob back and Hunter getting a little more floor time. Hope that continues.

Archived