Nick Sheridan Named New OC

BeerBQ

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@IU247

Thanks for bringing those tweets.  I do think Sheridan will be a really good OC for us.  He seems to be really highly thought of in coaching circles from what I have been able to gather.

I'd be interested to hear what @Paydaythinks about this if he's still around.  I know Lagow was here for a year (or 2?) while Sheridan was the QB coach.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For those more dialed in on football side of things. Naming Sheridan as OC. Does this ruffle any feathers with Mike Hart? Just curious.

I had wondered that too.  Especially with Heard being Co-OC.  Would not be surprised at all to see Hart leave, but I am sure it is a conversation Allen and Hart have had.  Maybe he didn't want the extra responsibility and was happy as just a RB coach?

Also, our assistants could be in line for a big raise.  Didn't Allen get an extra half million for assistants in his new contract?  Assuming Sheridan won't make as much as DeBoer made, there should be a lot of extra money laying around for either top flight TE and special teams coaches, or raises for current staff.

1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I had wondered that too.  Especially with Heard being Co-OC.  Would not be surprised at all to see Hart leave, but I am sure it is a conversation Allen and Hart have had.  Maybe he didn't want the extra responsibility and was happy as just a RB coach?

Also, our assistants could be in line for a big raise.  Didn't Allen get an extra half million for assistants in his new contract?  Assuming Sheridan won't make as much as DeBoer made, there should be a lot of extra money laying around for either top flight TE and special teams coaches, or raises for current staff.

I got faith in CTA...maybe Tom should go old school?  Coach the basketball team too.

I jest.

• KDB changed the title to Nick Sheridan Named New OC
On 1/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, Leathernecks said:

On a side note, half of our board is likely older than our OC and DC combined (63).

I barely slide under the 63 mark.
On a good note, from a b-ball perspective, I was a freshman at IU during the undefeated 75-76 year and was in grad school for the ‘81 championship.  Yes.....a little spoiled from a basketball perspective (not to mention a great Holiday Bowl win).

Archived