Indiana vs Arkansas Pre-Game Thread

milehiiu

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

That missed tip and foul still irks me.

Right! All the hangwrining over last year and the questioning of the program, etc., if Davis makes that bunny layup and if Phinisee makes that free throw up 3 at Iowa with seconds remaining, then IU is 19-13 heading into the BTT with two more Power 5 (probably Quad 1, or at least Quad 2) road wins on the resume. A wide open bunny layup and a free throw from on of our better free throw shooters. That's with all the injuries. 

Arkansas normally rolls out a starting five with no one over 6’6”.  Their backcourt has three players that average 14ppg or better.  One of those players, Jimmy Whitt, hasn’t attempted one three pointer all year.

Arkansas’ best wins were at Georgia Tech by 1 in OT, at home vs Tulsa by 19 and at home vs Valpo by 4.

Arkansas only loss was at Western Kentucky, losing in OT 86-79.

According to different sites and looking at statistics, so far this season, Arkansas has one of the better defenses in the country, but of course, they haven’t really played anyone of note either.

3 minutes ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Arkansas normally rolls out a starting five with no one over 6’6”.  Their backcourt has three players that average 14ppg or better.  One of those players, Jimmy Whitt, hasn’t attempted one three pointer all year.

Arkansas’ best wins were at Georgia Tech by 1 in OT, at home vs Tulsa by 19 and at home vs Valpo by 4.

According to different sites and looking at statistics, so far this season, Arkansas has one of the better defenses in the country, but of course, they haven’t really played anyone of note either.

I wonder which team's "cupcake" schedule the announcers will focus on....

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

Right! All the hangwrining over last year and the questioning of the program, etc., if Davis makes that bunny layup and if Phinisee makes that free throw up 3 at Iowa with seconds remaining, then IU is 19-13 heading into the BTT with two more Power 5 (probably Quad 1, or at least Quad 2) road wins on the resume. A wide open bunny layup and a free throw from on of our better free throw shooters. That's with all the injuries. 

Still amazing to me why he didn't go straight up with 2 hands and flush that sucker.  He is 6'10" right?

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Still amazing to me why he didn't go straight up with 2 hands and flush that sucker.  He is 6'10" right?

Yes, but he can barely dunk, which is crazy. Smith might have the highest vert in program history, but Davis is right there for the lowest. 

On 12/24/2019 at 10:28 AM, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Take into account that Georgia Tech team got beat at home by Ball St.

9 hours ago, iufaninand said:

Sad that we’ve never seen what Davis full potential could have been at IU. injuries have derailed his entire career. I’m sure it’s tough for him to now know there’s no NBA in his future 

He's got a lifetime of memories, a group of lifelong friends, (assuming) zero student loan debt and (at the end of this semester) a degree from Indiana University. May not be the NBA, but that's one hell of a silver lining.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:17 PM, 13th&Jackson said:

Ted Kitchel couldn't jump over a pencil. But he had a jump shot

i remember in my early years as a fan and kitchell sometimes raining outside jumpers. can't remember his jumping ability, just that i expected his jumpers to go in

Archived