Am I all alone, here, or....

Muckraker

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Mostly sports only for me along with news. Otherwise the only other TV shows I watch is Andy Griffith reruns or whatever I get from library.

Pretty much the same for me, right down to the "Andy Griffith Show."

Never cared much for drama shows, or most comedies...like a good movie once in a while, but how long has it been since Hollywood cranked out one of those?

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Pretty much the same for me, right down to the "Andy Griffith Show."

Never cared much for drama shows, or most comedies...like a good movie once in a while, but how long has it been since Hollywood cranked out one of those?

Certainly been awhile. I've got a couple movies I want to see but my library usually gets new releases within 60 days so I sometimes just wait for that. To me regular tv seems like it's all just contest or dating shows....none of which actually interest my brain.

Only watch a few shows that we DVR, like Last Man Standing, NCIS New Orleans. NEVER watch the news, as I think it's all biased in a major way. Watch a fair amount of financial news, but tune out the politics of it. Wife is into Hallmark Channel.

And of course IU Hoops! Go Hoosiers!

• 3 weeks later...

My family (myself, wife, 13 year old son) hardly watch any television at all.  The boy likes his YouTube, of course.  But I have essentially no interest in the shows du jour (most television is ephemeral trash, honestly, even the “critically acclaimed” stuff ... I mean, seriously, when was the last time you heard anyone discussing “thirtysomething”?), and, as I won’t pay to watch advertisements (i.e., cable), I even miss being able to watch my beloved hardwood and gridiron Hoosiers.

Hence my username.

But I’m really quite content having turned off the telescreen (for the most part - I DO watch IU games when they’re on broadcast).

10 hours ago, Radio Zero said:

My family (myself, wife, 13 year old son) hardly watch any television at all.  The boy likes his YouTube, of course.  But I have essentially no interest in the shows du jour (most television is ephemeral trash, honestly, even the “critically acclaimed” stuff ... I mean, seriously, when was the last time you heard anyone discussing “thirtysomething”?), and, as I won’t pay to watch advertisements (i.e., cable), I even miss being able to watch my beloved hardwood and gridiron Hoosiers.

Hence my username.

But I’m really quite content having turned off the telescreen (for the most part - I DO watch IU games when they’re on broadcast).

Nice to have you join our HSN family.

About to fire the ole BTN+ up for some IU baseball. March, April, and May every year. $30.. and I get to watch about 32 games that I wouldnt normally get to watch. (Obviously I attend a lot of them, so that number isnt quite 32).. I probably attend 9 games... so 23 games.. cost me $1.30 to watch each game..I'm good with that. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

About to fire the ole BTN+ up for some IU baseball. March, April, and May every year. $30.. and I get to watch about 32 games that I wouldnt normally get to watch. (Obviously I attend a lot of them, so that number isnt quite 32).. I probably attend 9 games... so 23 games.. cost me $1.30 to watch each game..I'm good with that. 

Nice.  An IU program on the rise.

Just now, milehiiu said:

Nice.  An IU program on the rise.

To be fair... it's established at this point. Big time facilities, big time coach, and some big time players. 

The next step is becoming the Oregon St of the Midwest. 

...but yes a program definitely on the rise, I agree. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

To be fair... it's established at this point. Big time facilities, big time coach, and some big time players. 

The next step is becoming the Oregon St of the Midwest. 

...but yes a program definitely on the rise, I agree. 

I graduated in1969.  At one time while living at McNutt. After classes I would cross the street. To take in a game. Could never get any one to join in with me.  The facility was a joke. We had better Little League facilities in Gary.   The team... sorry to say was a joke. Bathrooms were out door portable facilities.  And yet, I went to game after game.  Call me crazy.  IU crazy.

Not only the team. But the facilities make me proud of our IU baseball program today.  We've come a long way, baby.

Archived