Walter McCarty

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

This sounds bad thus far.  What a shame...I thought he was a really nice fit for U of E and have always heard good things about Walter.

I hope for his sake, this is a lot of noise about nothing...doesn't sound good though.

I’ve mentioned this before, but Walter was with the Celtics my entire time working for the team, and we was one of the nicest, best people that I met working/living in Boston. His wife and little girls were always around the team and front office, at the company holiday parties, etc.

This news is really surprising to me, and I’m holding out hope that there is some time of mistake or somehow a miscommunication. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

There has been no guilt proven yet...

I recall seeing the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty" in a legal textbook once upon a time. I know this isn't a criminal law situation (yet), but I'd like to think that the same principle applies.

Sexual harassment/assault is becoming much more widely reported, and that's a good thing. But you have to remember the flip side of the coin: there are unscrupulous individuals who will try to capitalize on this for profit.

4 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I recall seeing the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty" in a legal textbook once upon a time. I know this isn't a criminal law situation (yet), but I'd like to think that the same principle applies.

Sexual harassment/assault is becoming much more widely reported, and that's a good thing. But you have to remember the flip side of the coin: there are unscrupulous individuals who will try to capitalize on this for profit.

That flip side of the coin is what I wonder about hear...

On 12/28/2019 at 4:15 PM, Beowulf50 said:

It really amazes me how coaches and cops think that they can get away with anything!! 

On 12/29/2019 at 11:38 AM, rico said:

There has been no guilt proven yet...

But “Pitino taught him well” right?? Had been warned about said behavior.... If he is innocent I hope that is proven and he is totally vindicated!! 

1 hour ago, Officer Obie said:

Still one of the worst days of my life. I didn't grow up in Evansville but I grew up nearby and loved going to Roberts stadium to watch UE play ball. UE had some really great teams.

UE20PLANE20CRASH20WEB201977_1513181596340_30184928_ver1.0.jpg

Did I read somewhere correctly that the one player who wasn't on the plane was killed by a drunk driver shortly after?  Unreal if true.  😥

Archived