Walter McCarty

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Did I read somewhere correctly that the one player who wasn't on the plane was killed by a drunk driver shortly after?  Unreal if true.  😥

I’m not sure if it was a drunk driver, but it was a car accident. It also killed the younger brother of the player as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

This just in our local news room. McCarty has been relieved of his coaching duties at U of E.

Sad day for Purple Aces....

https://www.14news.com/2020/01/22/ue-dismissed-walter-mccarty-mens-head-basketball-coach/

Biggest win in Evansville recent history and dude loses his gig....rightfully so. Wish more schools had the sack to fire coaches when their compass goes astray. 

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Biggest win in Evansville recent history and dude loses his gig....rightfully so. Wish more schools had the sack to fire coaches when their compass goes astray. 

Amen.  Hate that it happened, but glad to see UE went about things the right way.  They didn't pull the trigger immediately, but took the time to gather facts and then made the proper call. 

2 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yes, former Butler coach, Todd Lickliter has been named the new coach.

Hoping things can get turned around for the Aces....

I looked at the Aces' roster and was quite surprised to see only 2 Indiana kids on it.  They need to do something about that.

In the spirit of GirlDad that's been trending this week.....one of the girls in McCarty case has hired a very well known Dallas law firm specializing in Title IX representation. Their initial understanding is there are multiple women/girls involved. 

McCarty guaranteed one thing in all of this. He won't ever coach college hoops in any capacity ever again and his coaching career is probably over.

On 12/31/2019 at 10:49 AM, Officer Obie said:

Still one of the worst days of my life. I didn't grow up in Evansville but I grew up nearby and loved going to Roberts stadium to watch UE play ball. UE had some really great teams.

UE20PLANE20CRASH20WEB201977_1513181596340_30184928_ver1.0.jpg

Protect and serve!! I love and respect awesome police officers who believe that and do that! I had a secretary who’s husband was ISP..... he cheated on her in every way every chance he got!! Obie I hope you were the awesome officer that we can all look up to!!

Archived