Arkansas post game

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bobtcat2 said:

Well, this team won't be making the NCAA.  7-13 in Big Ten won't cut it.  So does Miller's seat get hot?  Not until next year IMO.

If we miss the tournament it's hot.   And it'll be an uphill battle for CAM to win recruits and to keep the fanbase behind him.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Archie says IU missed Trayce 4-5 times over the top in the 2nd half.

That’s nice that he can identify the problem.  The next step in his progression is to to get it solved in real time with a time out, substitution etc.  Maybe he will have a come to Jesus moment on that.  But, as we saw with Mike Davis, Indiana is not a job where we should have on the job training.  

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Archie seems to be capable of adjusting once per game to what the opponent is doing. That’s not good enough. 

I’ve always hoped Archie would succeed but never really believed it. 

I think this season is going to fall off the rails like last year and the new AD makes a change. Or maybe that’s a hope as well. 

Im tired of watching Archie make the same mistakes time and time again. 

Maybe I’m just hopeful the new AD makes a change. All I know is that even during the mike Davis years I looked forward to games.  Now I just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves. 

Every coach deserves 4 years unless if there is off court problems so he will be here next year.

😂 DBM I  know you ruffle some feathers, and mostly on purpose.  I dont agree with you on some things,  but I'm 100% in agreement on our backcourt recruiting.   If Archie cant bring in a few good guards, it will ultimately cost him his job.

The offense is fine if we can shoot, you know that.

The reality is, basketball is a guards game. And we dont have them! Which falls directly on our staff...

Getting older means jack if two years in a row, our freshman are our best players. Its pretty telling of what we were left

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't see anything changing until the guard play improves.  Durham and Green just aren't consistently good. It also kills them that they get zero offense from Anderson or Hunter.  Hopefully Leal and Galloway can shoot and contribute right away or Archie brings in a grad transfer shooter. It's funny you mention Sport Center top 10 guys.  I saw Grant Gelon made it the other day. Play #3 at 1:45  He had a fast break dunk and scored 42 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9hoR9GpyZk

People seem to leave Phinisee out of the blame game, and I don't know why. I don't know if he's healthy, but he has not been good. 

4 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

If we miss the tournament it's hot.   And it'll be an uphill battle for CAM to win recruits and to keep the fanbase behind him.    

Go Hoosiers!!!

I agree but to me this is where I think our fans really hurts us because we should at least publicly not bad mouth the program.  If we as fans really wants what is best for the program then wouldn't that be getting behind them and supporting them through good and bad.

25 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

At the end of the day, as we saw last year, this is the type of swing game that can keep you out of the tourney.  Plus, this was at home.  

True,

I think we still get in the tourney if we go 10-10 in the Big Ten but this loss might have eliminated sliding in with a 9-11 conference record. For the program, Archie, fans, etc.,  I sure hope we make the tourney but getting 10 conference wins is not going to be easy.

13 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Another tourney miss, or even sneaking in as a 10 and losing the first game should be enough to get his seat hot. Point to one guy who’s improved in the last 2+ yrs, Crean or Archie recruit, since they’ve gotten to IU. This is just sad

Durham is a better player than he was a year ago. As is Justin Smith. 

First game I’ve been to that we didn’t win. 

Nobody around me knew what happened with Al. What did he do?

Every shot was short. They had no legs. It looked like they played a triple overtime game last night. We had no answer for Joe when Rob was out of the game. With 8 minutes left it looked like the team rolled over and died. Devonte Greenlight is the  epitome of the phrase “two steps forward, one step back” except tonight he was “one step forward and two steps back.”

...so frustrating. Hopefully we can get back on track. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know this lost really hurts and I sure was upset the last 10 minutes of the game.  My question is what record did you think we would have after 13 games.  I think most would have taken 11-2 and that is what we are at this time.

Hooray...hooray...we’re so Awesome...Hooray!!!

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know this lost really hurts and I sure was upset the last 10 minutes of the game.  My question is what record did you think we would have after 13 games.  I think most would have taken 11-2 and that is what we are at this time.

Yep, after 13 games, 11-2 is a good start.  

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I agree but to me this is where I think our fans really hurts us because we should at least publicly not bad mouth the program.  If we as fans really wants what is best for the program then wouldn't that be getting behind them and supporting them through good and bad.

Unfortunately the fans haven't had much to feel good about in a long time.  And our fans are smart enough to see that the product we have on the floor ain't that great.   That cupcake early schedule gave some people hope but it looks more and more like it was false hope once again.  

I'll always cheer for the Hoosiers but man I'm tired of losing like today and not making the dance.

Go Hoosiers!!!

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The scary/unknown thing is we said that last year and there are similarities to this year as we have had a couple of close wins against so-so teams (like ND and UCONN this year) mixed in with one good win (FSU) and beating really bad cupcakes. 

Think there is fear of history repeating itself.

4 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Unfortunately the fans haven't had much to feel good about in a long time.  And our fans are smart enough to see that the product we have on the floor ain't that great.   That cupcake early schedule gave some people hope but it looks more and more like it was false hope once again.  

I'll always cheer for the Hoosiers but man I'm tired of losing like today and not making the dance.

Go Hoosiers!!!

It’s December......

we need to win 3 of the next 5. Almost have to.

19 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Go Hoosiers!!!

This is not specific to our situation, but if a coaches seat gets hot, rip off the band-aid because a hot seat is just going to lead to more negative recruiting and more doubt making it even harder to get high caliber players.

Archived