Arkansas post game

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

And maybe, just maybe, we have a bunch of trolls that flood the front door around here to perpetuate misery?

Another valid point.  I hope you’re not accusing me of being a troll..........couldn’t be further from the truth.  I don’t post a whole lot but I am here all the time.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If that is the case then why didn't Archie just have a talk with Green after the first year and tell him the best for both of them would be for him to transfer.

I really dont know. Maybe his hands were tied. I was fine with the hiring of Archie because he seemed like the kind of guy that would get rid of or put a foot in the ass of the non conforming players.

But what I have seen,  he isn't the didciplinain I thought he would have been.  He's been disappointing, and I want him to succeed, because this program cannot go through another coaching change so soon. 

1 hour ago, psychobat said:

Valid point.  On the flip-side,  some seem to be completely incapable of even considering that maybe he is.

Yah, true. Have to say, I’m not sure how anyone could be convinced to move on from CAM at this point. It’s just too early. But yeah, if we have another meltdown like last year, that’s not going to be pretty.

10 minutes ago, Coach1K said:

I had the pleasure of being at the game and it was horrendous. Devonte scares me when he shoots and his passes were flat out lazy. I didn't see Durham get ejected until I noticed in the second half he wasn't on the bench. 

In the NBA, a player like DG is a coach killer. He knows the team needs his scoring, but shows little interest in listening to coaching

9 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Yah, true. Have to say, I’m not sure how anyone could be convinced to move on from CAM at this point. It’s just too early. But yeah, if we have another meltdown like last year, that’s not going to be pretty.

Exactly.  I really like Archie but still not sure if he will be able to turn things all the way around where IU basketball used to be, but I sure hope so.  I am also not ready to abandon the guy.  How the rest of the season goes will go a long way in determining where a lot of people stand with him.  But those that have already written him off will still not change their minds if the rest of the season ends up being successful and the Hoosiers, at least, making the tournament.

We will have to suffer though some of Creans recruits this year yet! Then hopefully we can start turning around this thing. I watched the film session on this site and my guestion is how does a senior captain, not know how to run his offense play. I tell you how it wasn’t ran for him to get the ball so he wasn’t interested in running it right. 

31 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

We are a very polarized fanbase at this point.  There are very few in the middle fans anymore and those that are seen to have become apathetic.

This is not a good position the fanbase is in.  I have always started that winning cures everything.  But I think at think point we have moved beyond wins and losses.  It's how we win or lose now.  You see people state that they would rather have CTC's first three years worth of players because I'd how they played abs loss vs what we put on the floor today.  Think about that.  There is a group that would rather lose 24 games and play a certain way than be 11-2 and watch what we have today.  And it's not a small outlier group that believes this.  It's a fairly vocal.

I don't know what it's going to take for us to move back to the middle but it's probably nothing short of a national title

I hope this year turns out to be as good as many on here believe.  I really do.  I want to want to watch IU basketball again.  I want to schedule things around big games and be proud to talk to my friends about IU basketball.  

Just my thoughts.  Sorry for rambling

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We are a very polarized fanbase at this point.  There are very few in the middle fans anymore and those that are seen to have become apathetic.

This is not a good position the fanbase is in.  I have always started that winning cures everything.  But I think at think point we have moved beyond wins and losses.  It's how we win or lose now.  You see people state that they would rather have CTC's first three years worth of players because I'd how they played abs loss vs what we put on the floor today.  Think about that.  There is a group that would rather lose 24 games and play a certain way than be 11-2 and watch what we have today.  And it's not a small outlier group that believes this.  It's a fairly vocal.

I don't know what it's going to take for us to move back to the middle but it's probably nothing short of a national title

I hope this year turns out to be as good as many on here believe.  I really do.  I want to want to watch IU basketball again.  I want to schedule things around big games and be proud to talk to my friends about IU basketball.  

No need to apologize I appreciate your thoughts. I think there’s a lot of truth to what you’re saying. But I also just think we want to see good basketball being played and improvements. This base has a high Basketball IQ. That’s how we can be 11-2 and be disappointed. We also could be 8-5, played a harder schedule and feel better than we do now. 

There’s gotta be some changes in some of these issues for people to get excited or have faith we will eventually get somewhere.

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

No need to apologize I appreciate your thoughts. I think there’s a lot of truth to what you’re saying. But I also just think we want to see good basketball being played and improvements. This base has a high Basketball IQ. That’s how we can be 11-2 and be disappointed. We also could be 8-5, played a harder schedule and feel better than we do now. 

There’s gotta be some changes in some of these issues for people to get excited or have faith we will eventually get somewhere.

these are excellent points that cut right to the quick of what's happening. 

8 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Exactly and with this post hopefully this the ride will die

18 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I hope the President of the university stepping down along with the Glass retirement finally brings some common sense to the  basketball program!! We have been waiting way too long for stability in our basketball program!! I have watched other “blue blood” programs not miss a beat over the years!!! Sure maybe down for a year then back to normal!! I have been waiting twenty years!!

14 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

Having read too much of this 30 page thread and thought about the Arkansas game more than I  care to admit, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing bad in that loss that cannot be cured by a W in College Park this Sat.

Maryland game will be a blow out!No chance we win a tough road game!

Hoosier Nation

One game does not make a season

Please take the long view.

Whatever happens this year, the needle is pointing up.

Tired of the ongoing back and forth as to whether CAM is capable. I would rather watch this team lose playing his style than to watch the fast pace, 20 turnovers that represented the previous regime 

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hoosier Nation

One game does not make a season

Please take the long view.

Whatever happens this year, the needle is pointing up.

Tired of the ongoing back and forth as to whether CAM is capable. I would rather watch this team lose playing his style than to watch the fast pace, 20 turnovers that represented the previous regime 

Difficult to take the long view when peering through the last 20 years.  I dont see the needle firmly pointing up either.  

Archived