Arkansas post game

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUfan93 said:

Agreed. Arkansas adjusted we did not. They keyed on Trayce so now it’s on Archie to FIND a play to get him the ball. Jones has 4 fouls go right down the floor and go after him...get him out of the game. Attack him with Brunk or Trayce. It’s not all on Archie but he did not adjust to what Arkansas did and the guards decided to take the game over with poor shit selection and decision making not to mention we only shot 50% from the line. It’s going to be a long season in the B1G if we can’t get it together and stop pissing away leads like this. 

I didn't think it was so much we didn't adjust, I thought it was more very poor execution...TJD and Brunk had position time after time only to watch our guards, all of them, fumble it away or make a poor entry pass...

Our backcourt got owned...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I didn't think it was so much we didn't adjust, I thought it was more very poor execution...TJD and Brunk had position time after time only to watch our guards, all of them, fumble it away or make a poor entry pass...

Our backcourt got owned...

Gotta hit those free throws when given the chance.  As much as I love Trayce.  And I really do.  I was disappointed in his free throw shooting tonight.

I know I should be more emotionally balanced as a fan on 12/29. Just tired of the we need to do this better....or we execute this better from our guys and coaches. I get it. We should have. Just tired of the last 2 decades and every loss to an inferior team makes me look at the program as a whole. 

Our offensive philosophy can't solely be to get to the free throw line. Good teams will defend well enough and certain refs will call things in a certain way to minimize attempts. Shot selection has to matter. The most efficient shots are the layup/dunk and the open three. Too many of our close shots are blind throws into traffic and we have no shooters. I just don't see where it will get better. I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That last 10 minutes is about as bad as basketball that you can play and everyone deserves the blame.  Like I said in the game thread AL getting kicked out really hurt us because there was no one on the bench to come in when we should have yanked Green.  I am listening to Assembly Call and they kind of answered my question as to why RP was not in the game.  They said someone who was at the game said that RP looked gassed and looked like he did not feel well.  Two years ago I was on here saying how DG should not be on this team but I felt that he had turned the corner at the end of last year.  Well after this game I have lost patience with DG and to me he should not see many minutes.

Until we get a roster full of actual basketball players who knows the game and have I game basketball IQ we will never be a consistent team.  I want guys who knows how to feed the post and guys who knows how to play without the ball and guys who values each possession.  I want guys who knows what a good shot is and guys who can make the simple play instead of trying to be on the Sportscenter top 10.

I don't see anything changing until the guard play improves.  Durham and Green just aren't consistently good. It also kills them that they get zero offense from Anderson or Hunter.  Hopefully Leal and Galloway can shoot and contribute right away or Archie brings in a grad transfer shooter. It's funny you mention Sport Center top 10 guys.  I saw Grant Gelon made it the other day. Play #3 at 1:45  He had a fast break dunk and scored 42 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9hoR9GpyZk

I think it was 67-62 when Green drove to the bucket and seemingly had an easy layup and instead winged the ball out to Anderson for a 3 pointer. I thought to myself, you haven't scored a FG in 8 minutes just take the easy two and go from there.

I had the game on in the background so I did not see every play (kind of where my interest level in IU hoops is anymore) but in my glances at the TV, I saw quite a few reckless plays by DG. Not to say I blame him for the loss, but it really stood out to me.

I guess this is what happens when a team adjusts to TJD killing them inside and you don't have the guard play and/or shooting to keep the defense loose.

Not feeling much optimism about the end result. Probably on the bubble again. A 4th straight year of missing the tourney would be brutal. 

Archie seems to be capable of adjusting once per game to what the opponent is doing. That’s not good enough. 

I’ve always hoped Archie would succeed but never really believed it. 

I think this season is going to fall off the rails like last year and the new AD makes a change. Or maybe that’s a hope as well. 

Im tired of watching Archie make the same mistakes time and time again. 

Maybe I’m just hopeful the new AD makes a change. All I know is that even during the mike Davis years I looked forward to games.  Now I just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is so obvious we need to recruit shooters and actual basketball players over the athletes who we hope will turn into basketball players.

True.  I've had all I can stomach of watching underclassmen that can't shoot and having to 'hope' they miracuously transform into marksmen.

I have to say that so far the "player development" results for this coaching staff have been poor, very poor.

15 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

At the end of the day, as we saw last year, this is the type of swing game that can keep you out of the tourney.  Plus, this was at home.  

Archie can’t use last year’s playbook.  He needs to make adjustments.  I’m telling you, he’s teetering on losing the fan base.  He’s already lost some.  Personally, I want to see how we react in the B1G.   I’m not dancing on his grave.  But he can’t finish like he did last year.  We saw it with Davis and Crean.  You lose the fan base and it’s all over.  You’re just a ghost for your remaining period.  

Indiana fans want smart, tough, basketball.  Every possession should be valued.  You should play to your strengths and attack their weakness.  You should understand how to play under different time and score circumstances.  

We saw none of that and put up a loss that should never have happened and could have very bad ramifications depending on how they play in the B1G.  You go 10-10 and this loss may keep you out, where the win might have gotten you in.  Our players just didn’t value the situation.  All you have to do is see last year to see how this can play out.  

That’s an ugly loss where they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  

CTC's first three years may not have resulted in many W's but those teams played with 100x more heart and hustle than what CAM has produced so far.  Its gotta change.  He has to know that.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know I should be more emotionally balanced as a fan on 12/29. Just tired of the we need to do this better....or we execute this better from our guys and coaches. I get it. We should have. Just tired of the last 2 decades and every loss to an inferior team makes me look at the program as a whole. 

We did not lose to an inferior team today because they were ranked pretty much the same as we were.  Also I think it would be best for our fan base to realize we are not the program that were until around 1994 and we might not get backed to that as well

1 minute ago, bobtcat2 said:

Well, this team won't be making the NCAA.  7-13 in Big Ten won't cut it.  So does Miller's seat get hot?  Not until next year IMO.

Another tourney miss, or even sneaking in as a 10 and losing the first game should be enough to get his seat hot. Point to one guy who’s improved in the last 2+ yrs, Crean or Archie recruit, since they’ve gotten to IU. This is just sad

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said in the game thread AL getting kicked out really hurt us because there was no one on the bench to come in when we should have yanked Green.

I think i woulda put in the walk-ons.  I know its easy for me to say cuz im not on national tv with my job on the line, but at least it would show that if you are guna play like ur hair is on fire with ur head up ur butt, ill find somebody to put in the game until you figure out how to remove your head from your butt and in the game.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That last 10 minutes is about as bad as basketball that you can play and everyone deserves the blame.  Like I said in the game thread AL getting kicked out really hurt us because there was no one on the bench to come in when we should have yanked Green.  I am listening to Assembly Call and they kind of answered my question as to why RP was not in the game.  They said someone who was at the game said that RP looked gassed and looked like he did not feel well.  Two years ago I was on here saying how DG should not be on this team but I felt that he had turned the corner at the end of last year.  Well after this game I have lost patience with DG and to me he should not see many minutes.

Until we get a roster full of actual basketball players who knows the game and have I game basketball IQ we will never be a consistent team.  I want guys who knows how to feed the post and guys who knows how to play without the ball and guys who values each possession.  I want guys who knows what a good shot is and guys who can make the simple play instead of trying to be on the Sportscenter top 10.

Until we get players that can shoot free throws, At least shoot well enough from Three to get some respect. And players that take care of the ball an have greater basketball IQs . We will only be a semi finalist in the NIT team . I am afraid another long losing streak is in our future!

Until we get players that can shoot free throws, At least shoot well enough from Three to get some respect. And players that take care of the ball an have greater basketball IQs . We will only be a semi finalist in the NIT team . I am afraid another long losing streak is in our future!

4 minutes ago, AshtonHershey said:

Our offensive philosophy can't solely be to get to the free throw line. Good teams will defend well enough and certain refs will call things in a certain way to minimize attempts. Shot selection has to matter. The most efficient shots are the layup/dunk and the open three. Too many of our close shots are blind throws into traffic and we have no shooters. I just don't see where it will get better. I hope I'm wrong.

I miss the days when a team could take a good 15 foot jumper that was open but stats tells us that is not a good shot anymore.  To me the best shot is the open no matter if it is a layup a 3 or mid range jumper.  We see to many guys just shoot a floater instead of coming to a jump stop and taking a good jumper.

Archived