Arkansas post game

12 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

Hooray...hooray...we’re so Awesome...Hooray!!!

Never  said we were awesome but we should not freak out as well.  I remember in the pre season and when we looked at the 4 non conference games against good teams most of us thought if we could win 3 of them we would be in good shape

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Every coach deserves 4 years unless if there is off court problems so he will be here next year.

Being serious here, why 4 yrs?  So he can have his first class go all the way thru and see how they perform/improve?  If so, Archie is in real trouble. All of his teams thus far have been mirror images of each other...good enough to win a few games in the NIT but not good enough to Sniff the NCAAT.  If this team doesn’t make the dance this year, I would say there should be some serious consideration for him to be replaced.  Not making the NCAAT three years in a row at IU is not acceptable. 

12 minutes ago, Indy1987 said:

Unfortunately the fans haven't had much to feel good about in a long time.  And our fans are smart enough to see that the product we have on the floor ain't that great.   That cupcake early schedule gave some people hope but it looks more and more like it was false hope once again.  

I'll always cheer for the Hoosiers but man I'm tired of losing like today and not making the dance.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I agree with you but what we have been doing as fans have not changed the outcome so why not try something different.

7 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

This is not specific to our situation, but if a coaches seat gets hot, rip off the band-aid because a hot seat is just going to lead to more negative recruiting and more doubt making it even harder to get high caliber players.

Chip Kelly was on the hot seat for a couple years there. Bet ND is glad that they didn’t overreact on that.

24 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

People seem to leave Phinisee out of the blame game, and I don't know why. I don't know if he's healthy, but he has not been good. 

He certainly hasnt contributed like last year. Not sure what the problem is. He doesn't look like hes still injured. His defense still looks good. 

The offense absolutely dies when Green gets the ball at the top of the key.  That kid has proven time and again that he cannot make good decisions with the ball in his hands,  He is so much better off the ball.  At this point, once he gets the ball at the top of the key, the other four guys should run down the floor and set up the defense.  It won't affect Green's game, and maybe we could cut some of the transition points that way..

I agree that Archie gets year four. But, he will have.a new AD who’s not wedded to him.  It won’t be his guy, which makes him more susceptible to removal.    

If we look like this again next year, now you’re getting in dangerous territory. 

Right now we look like a team we used to to take advantage of, kind of like a Randy Ayres, Steve Yoder, Lou Henson or Dale Brown type of team where we knew we could take take advantage of them. 

The good news, in the situation where we  don’t optimize our advantages and exploit weaknesses or make adjustments, unlike when Crean left, is that Archie will leave behind a roster with potential for the next coach. 

1 minute ago, Muddy River said:

The offense absolutely dies when Green gets the ball at the top of the key.  That kid has proven time and again that he cannot make good decisions with the ball in his hands,  He is so much better off the ball.  At this point, once he gets the ball at the top of the key, the other four guys should run down the floor and set up the defense.  It won't affect Green's game, and maybe we could cut some of the transition points that way..

Many have said with DG, you don't know what he will do.....

2 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Being serious here, why 4 yrs?  So he can have his first class go all the way thru and see how they perform/improve?  If so, Archie is in real trouble. All of his teams thus far have been mirror images of each other...good enough to win a few games in the NIT but not good enough to Sniff the NCAAT.  If this team doesn’t make the dance this year, I would say there should be some serious consideration for him to be replaced.  Not making the NCAAT three years in a row at IU is not acceptable. 

I disagree because other coaches will not even look at us because they don't want to go to a place that is not patient with the coach.  I said tis to fans when they was calling for Crean's head and told them to be careful what you wish for because a change is no guarantee that it will turn around.  Some think we will be able to go to any coach out there and get them to leave their really good job to come here.  If we did make a change after this year do you think we would get an established power 5 coach because I don't.  We would be in the same situation of hoping an up and coming mid major coach can turn it around.  Unless Donovan gets fired from OKC then there is no sure fire guy out there that would be available.

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Times were waaaayy different back then.....,.

Still don't change the fact  that patience pays off sometimes.  Just because social media makes it easy for anyone to be a keyboard big man does not mean it is good for the program for fans to not show some patience.  I know we have not won for 25 years but that should not be taken out on Archie because he was not part of the past.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure Duke is happy they did not over react to coach K's first 4 years

This post is fallacious and not consistent with math and statistics.  You pick one outlier situation and try to make a proposition out of it.  That’s a false analysis because you could find a thousand coaches that went the other way to that one example.  If you go down that path, you actually prove the opposite point, which is if you suck for four years, you just suck.  A lot of people who aren’t into science or math misunderstand this.  

This is why i love this forum. Truthful yet tactful discussion. Twitter (#iubb) is flowing with the darkside right now. We should be able to criticize wihout eating our own. I have a few doubts, but I am IU all the way, every day. Having said that, i have a few questions, which i feel are legit.

when TJD was dominant in the first half, he was pulled while having the hot hand. I used to get really frustrated with Crean for that. I dont want to hear that these kids need “rest”. They are in the best shape they are ever going to be in

Free Throw shooting IS on the coach. Make them shoot them by the hundreds. There are enough volunteers on campus that would chase down rebounds and help.

On the flip side, Archie did recruit shooters... they just didnt commit to IU. I saw Lester Q and DJ Carton are both good shooters, but alas for other teams. How much can a coach work kids on shooting? Don’t know, but they need more work. They are a poor shooting team. 

Jerome injured? Rob unhealthy? All the injuries last year?

is it time to evaluate what these guys ARE doing in practice, wrestling? They are certainly not shooting 3’s and free throws. 

Thank you, posters. Keeping a level head will help these young players, and young coach, and family members reading these boards from thinking we are the worst fanbase this side of Lexington.. criticism warranted, but civility rules!! GO IU

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't change the fact  that patience pays off sometimes.  Just because social media makes it easy for anyone to be a keyboard big man does not mean it is good for the program for fans to not show some patience.  I know we have not won for 25 years but that should not be taken out on Archie because he was not part of the past.

First of all, social media wasn't around back then so no, as you say, keyboard big people were around. Plus, Duke was not exactly a BBall powerhouse either, so fans were much more patient than the "what have you done for us lately" fans of today.

Archived