2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Surprised someone hasn't brought it up. There's some pretty strong evidence/actions/videos of Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman actually wearing buzzers under their jerseys to tell them when pitches were coming. At first thought....I know the idea sounds preposterous but catching dozens of videos including Altuve's game winner over Chapman I can say I'm curious and honestly believing it. 

You guys can find the video but when Altuve was coming home....he was holding that jersey in place so tight it couldn't be ripped off like normal. Post game celebrations too...he always said his wife didn't like him having his shirt off. I bet! She knows he's got a buzzer under there.

Hear is a lengthy read that is pretty interesting.  Written before any firings happened.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2019/12/2/20964176/on-the-astros-and-sign-stealing-its-complicated

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Astros scandal looks like it may get bigger. Could be more than the Black Sox....

Stay tuned

I'm trying to just take it in and not react....but this one is pretty big. Not only for Astros but all of baseball. You have so many players coming out now talking about it because the veil/whistleblower status has been blown and players don't fear being labeled a snitch.

Yu Darvish (knew he would) was talking about it last night because the Astros said he was tipping his pitches vs Dodgers in playoffs....saying it was so easy,etc.....no Houston. It's easy because of probably something else.

Give me roids and gambling all day long over this. Roids can't help you in the box if you don't know whether it's heat or slider coming at you. Astros crossed a line so deep....I hope MLB isn't done with them yet. Red Sox too. 

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm trying to just take it in and not react....but this one is pretty big. Not only for Astros but all of baseball. You have so many players coming out now talking about it because the veil/whistleblower status has been blown and players don't fear being labeled a snitch.

Yu Darvish (knew he would) was talking about it last night because the Astros said he was tipping his pitches vs Dodgers in playoffs....saying it was so easy,etc.....no Houston. It's easy because of probably something else.

Give me roids and gambling all day long over this. Roids can't help you in the box if you don't know whether it's heat or slider coming at you. Astros crossed a line so deep....I hope MLB isn't done with them yet. Red Sox too. 

I wonder what Verlander thinks about all of this?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Hadn't heard that, but what's happened to Joe Espada for all these jobs, including the Astros?

Did he get a Scarlet Letter by association?

Puzzle is starting to come together but you certainly can draw that conclusion. Front runner for many openings and nada. It's almost like baseball folks knew what was going on? I'm still waiting what an old school guy like Verlander has to say? Or even Nolan Ryan for that matter since he's the face of the Astros. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Rockies GM says that the Rocks have no plans to trade Arenado before the season starts...Nolan, apparently, is pissed.

He's ticked because this GM promised a few things in terms of helping the team and nothing has happened. Most GM's have been saying privately I guess that Rockies GM expectations for Arenado were never realistic. Kind of makes it looks like a GM who can say I tried to do something without actually expecting a thing to happen.

On 1/19/2020 at 12:44 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Alrighty, The HOF will be announced this Tuesday 1/21. How many think Derek Jeter will be another unanimous choice after Mariano Rivera did it last year??

I think it will happen. Never anything negative about him and played the game the way it was supposed to and didn't cheat......

I do not expect him to be unanimous.  Rivera was the greatest ever at his position.  Jeter was not.  

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He's ticked because this GM promised a few things in terms of helping the team and nothing has happened. Most GM's have been saying privately I guess that Rockies GM expectations for Arenado were never realistic. Kind of makes it looks like a GM who can say I tried to do something without actually expecting a thing to happen.

Well, I can see both sides to that.  Nolan wants to win and the GM is watching the team's money.

41 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was kinda hoping the Rockies would milk the Cardinals dry on the deal...

Although the Cardinals for years have had one of the better front offices in baseball...

But a guy can hope, can't he?

On 1/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, IUFLA said:

The Astros are going to interview Dusty Baker? Really?

Baker probably has the best track record of anyone managing a team or players with the term "cheating" next to name. Bonds, Sosa....players love him. Couple of these teams could do far worse considering all factors. I won't ever forgive for ruining our young arms on the North Side but the guy does win. 

47 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Tell me you're kidding 5... We taikin' about the same guy? He's been to 7 world series and won 5 of them while winning an MVP?

Nice video

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/video/jeter-s-iconic-moments

He is not the greatest shortstop of all time.  Rivera was the greatest reliever of all time.  Not saying he does not belong in Hall.  He obviously does. But you can't say he is unanimous just because Rivera was.

Archived