2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Besides Ricketts family playing Monopoly around 1060 W Addison....they are seeing 7% growth on their team investment. This year (before TV/Streaming $ kicks in) they are making roughly $217,000,000 before they wake up. I'm not saying they will turn into McCaskey's....but if they don't turn the tide on spending soon the avalanche of hate will be coming their way very soon. 

Thinking of having another version of the McCaskey's running the Cubs just made me throw up in my mouth a little. The amount of money they are making is staggering.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Thinking of having another version of the McCaskey's running the Cubs just made me throw up in my mouth a little. The amount of money they are making is staggering.

And that's just off of the Cubs. They now own roughly 85% of the buildings around Wrigley now too. 

Baseball news late last night or this morning....sounds like Dodgers and Red Sox are close on a deal for Mookie Betts. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Not become a team who makes the playoffs 8 years in a row without a title. Pressure on them from their fans is as high as it gets minus Yankees fans.

Well, I don't sell the farm to do that.  But it appears that is what they are willing to do.

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I don't sell the farm to do that.  But it appears that is what they are willing to do.

They are. Plus...Angels have buzz because of Maddon. Padres are up and coming. Dodgers are still the Dodgers but I think they are trying to do anything at all costs to win a title. Cubs kind of did with Chapman and got us a title. I think the Dodgers are willing to do whatever is necessary right now. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They are. Plus...Angels have buzz because of Maddon. Padres are up and coming. Dodgers are still the Dodgers but I think they are trying to do anything at all costs to win a title. Cubs kind of did with Chapman and got us a title. I think the Dodgers are willing to do whatever is necessary right now. 

I saw where they were after Lindor as well.  3-way deal involving my Reds.  

Just now, rico said:

I saw where they were after Lindor as well.  3-way deal involving my Reds.  

Didn't see that one but wouldn't surprise me a bit. They are absolutely in win a title or season viewed as failure mode right now after this many playoff appearances without one.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see that one but wouldn't surprise me a bit. They are absolutely in win a title or season viewed as failure mode right now after this many playoff appearances without one.

It was the Dodgers would get Lindor, the Reds get Seager and the Indians get prospects

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yeah, Lindor to the Dodgers...Seager to the Reds...Cleveland gets young "talent" from Cincy and LA.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wish the Reds would just try to get Lindor for themselves and forget the Dodgers.

I think that'd be much better for you guys. Lindor is a better hitter and fielder than Seager.

If I'm giving up top prospects, I'm not giving them up with just Corey Seager as a return...

1 minute ago, rico said:

Nice pick-up for us.

I think the back end of the bullpen can be good if Iglesias get back to himself.  Will have Iglesias, Lorenzen, Strop and Garrett for the 8th and 9th innings.  I think we need to get one more LH reliever to finish the bullpen off. 

I also saw where MLB are going to cap the amount of pitcher son your roster to 13 when they expand to the 26 man roster.

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What do you think if they sign him?

Should be worth at least a plus 7 to the Cubs in terms of wins. Kidding. Strop at times had some really good stuff. Problem he had last couple years was because we had so many injuries in bullpen that he was being used out of necessity in situations he wasn't suited for. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Should be worth at least a plus 7 to the Cubs in terms of wins. Kidding. Strop at times had some really good stuff. Problem he had last couple years was because we had so many injuries in bullpen that he was being used out of necessity in situations he wasn't suited for. 

The only thing I don't like about him is how he wears his hat.  Last year was the first year his ERA was over 3.00 so if he can get back to that, then it will be a good move.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only thing I don't like about him is how he wears his hat.  Last year was the first year his ERA was over 3.00 so if he can get back to that, then it will be a good move.

Crips wear things tilted to left including hats. You can believe that or this. https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/05/18/grote-the-story-behind-pedro-strops-crooked-hat/

Mookie to LA?

Peter Gammons thinks so...

Three different NL folks today predicted Betts-to-L.A. is "inevitable." Consensus deal:Alex Verdugo, Inf Jeter Downs, pitcher, maybe A prospect. Think P is LH Caleb Ferguson, 95 MPH FB/CB guy, 113-39 K-BB in 93.1 IP, eventual starter. Got brushed off Gray

50 minutes ago, rico said:

Mookie to LA?

Peter Gammons thinks so...

Three different NL folks today predicted Betts-to-L.A. is "inevitable." Consensus deal:Alex Verdugo, Inf Jeter Downs, pitcher, maybe A prospect. Think P is LH Caleb Ferguson, 95 MPH FB/CB guy, 113-39 K-BB in 93.1 IP, eventual starter. Got brushed off Gray

Downs and gray were with the Reds and was in the trade last year for Wood and Puig.

Archived