2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for guys on here who know more about baseball than I do or guys who coaches.  For pitchers what is harder on your arm, starting and throwing pitches but you then get days of. Pitch  75 games as a reliever and other bullpen sessions where you don't come into the game.  The reason I am asking is that I see mangers in this era taking out pitchers after 5 or 6 innings and 100 pitches and they say it is to help keep the pitchers healthy.  Then we see them using bullpen guys 70-75 games and pitching multiple games in a row.  To me using a guy in the bullpen like that is more risky to a pitcher than letting a starter go 8 or 9 innings and throwing 130 pitches.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

MLB needs to do something about HBP and how Rizzo just sticks out his arm or leg and does not try to get out of the way.  In the first inning tonight Rizzo stuck his back leg out and was hit and the pitch was close to being a strike.

Are you serious?

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Are you serious?

Yes, the other might The Cubs go hot 4 times and all of them were questionable because they did not move or stuck their elbow out of the plate.  Rizzo has it down to an art and it use to be a rule you had to make an attempt to get out of the way.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yes, the other might The Cubs go hot 4 times and all of them were questionable because they did not move or stuck their elbow out of the plate.  Rizzo has it down to an art and it use to be a rule you had to make an attempt to get out of the way.

All respect intended....but that sounds like a fan of a 1-4 team comment who is frustrated. No harm no foul. We've all been there. If Crockett doesn't like it....keep drilling him. My guess is 6'4 225 Rizzo would have no problems going head to head with him. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

All respect intended....but that sounds like a fan of a 1-4 team comment who is frustrated. No harm no foul. We've all been there. If Crockett doesn't like it....keep drilling him. My guess is 6'4 225 Rizzo would have no problems going head to head with him. 

No the other night I said the same thing about Dietrich did last year for us.  He did the same thing where he would just turn his elbow in and let the ball hit him.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess Gray did not like what Rizzo did in the first inning because they were some smack talk on the way to the dugout.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I guess Gray did not like what Rizzo did in the first inning because they were some smack on the way to the dugout.

Yep! Boys of summer having fun. Fun part now is we can hear all the comments. Usually they are muffled because of crowd noise. Everyone including players are a little agitated. I expect another brawl between Dodgers/Astros tonight. Our new world! 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep! Boys of summer having fun. Fun part now is we can hear all the comments. Usually they are muffled because of crowd noise. Everyone including players are a little agitated. I expect another brawl between Dodgers/Astros tonight. Our new world! 

I did not see what happen as last night but I saw that Kelly was suspended 8 games.  They said getting suspended in a 60 game season is the equivalent of a 21 game suspension in a regular season.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I did not see what happen as last night but I saw that Kelly was suspended 8 games.  They said getting suspended in a 60 game season is the equivalent of a 21 game suspension in a regular season.

Yep....and the guys who talked walked with zero. Haha! MLB justice. 

Love me some Nick C. Even though he just hit that dong I pray he opts out after this year and joins his mates again in Chicago. Really, really like him as a player. Great thing about blowouts is it saves me a couple hours!

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Love me some Nick C. Even though he just hit that dong I pray he opts out after this year and joins his mates again in Chicago. Really, really like him as a player. Great thing about blowouts is it saves me a couple hours!

They sure fluffed up Hendricks' ERA in a hurry...that's ok...we've already got at least a split...3 out of 4 would be a cherry on the sundae

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty surprised with the Reds being able to score this many runs with Hendricks starting.  Usually Reds struggle with guys like him because he is so good at changing speeds and hitting his spots.  If the Reds hold on a win tonight they would be 2-1 with Moustakas and Senzel in the lineup.  Not counting the win yet because the Reds bullpen is not good and remember that the Cubs almost blew a 8-1 lead two nights ago.

On the Cubs broadcast they were talking about the new extra inning rule where the runner starts on 2nd base.  They talked about how a pitcher that comes into the bottom of the 9th and gets the last out.  He then comes back out in the 10th and gets the first two out but there is still a guy on 2nd.  There scenario is that that pitcher gets taken out and the new reliever gives up a hit to score the winning run.  They said the pitcher who started the 10th inning would get the loss even though he was not the one that gave up the hit.  To me that stinks for that pitcher because he got all 3 batters he faced out.

OH Lord Bell just took out Gray with two outs in the 7th with two on and the reliever just walked the first batter.  Up 9-0 and with a pitcher with a one hitter and you take him out after a walk and an error.  Now the reliever just hit the next batter to give the Cubs their first run.  My god I just wish these managers did not try to over managed and think they are inventing a new game.  If we lose this game B ell needs to be gone after the game.  Now it is 9-3 and

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

OH Lord Bell just took out Gray with two outs in the 7th with two on and the reliever just walked the first batter.  Up 9-0 and with a pitcher with a one hitter and you take him out after a walk and an error.  Now the reliever just hit the next batter to give the Cubs their first run.  My god I just wish these managers did not try to over managed and think they are inventing a new game.  If we lose this game B ell needs to be gone after the game.  Now it is 9-3 and

Scott.  You okay?  You kind of stopped mid-sentence there,

Archived