2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I might be in the minority, but I was actually hoping they could pull off a trade for Bryant in the offseason. Something just seems a little "off" with him. I have no idea if it is mental or injury, but I don't want the cubs to give him massive deal.

We talked about that after last year's season.  Once I thought Rizzo was the "odd man out" so to speak.  But now I think it is Kris. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rico said:

We talked about that after last year's season.  Once I thought Rizzo was the "odd man out" so to speak.  But now I think it is Kris. 

Just depends on return. This year is a complete wash in terms of sizing up trade partners in my opinion.

Rizzo also said as much last week during interview. They know this is probably the end for the core guys. Would love to top it off with a World Series. Javy isn't going anywhere. Rizzo I believe wants $...but would probably be a little more inclined to give us the discount to stay if he was paid market. The Cubs aren't going to give Javy and KB those massive contracts....especially considering we have a pitching staff to probably piece back together soon. 

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just depends on return. This year is a complete wash in terms of sizing up trade partners in my opinion.

Rizzo also said as much last week during interview. They know this is probably the end for the core guys. Would love to top it off with a World Series. Javy isn't going anywhere. Rizzo I believe wants $...but would probably be a little more inclined to give us the discount to stay if he was paid market. The Cubs aren't going to give Javy and KB those massive contracts....especially considering we have a pitching staff to probably piece back together soon. 

I wouldn't be shocked if they signed Baez to a long term deal because I don't think he will demand quite as much $$$$. And, like I stated above, I think something is off with Bryant (not to mention he is a Boras client).

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Atta boy Cubs. Leave 6 guys on base in first few innings. Hendricks pitches a gem into the 7th and our pen comes in and serves up meat. Cards up 3-1 in first game of 5 game series. 

"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away"

Not a good start for the Reds in their DH with the Royals being down 3-0 in the bottom of the 2nd.  Castillo has already thrown 50 pitches in 1.1 innings.  There was an error, walk, double and a single in the first to score the 3 runs.  Also Bell must be thinking the same as the Cubs manager because today he put Joey Votto in the lead off spot.

Can't remember a eam that is so self destructive than the Reds,  In the 4th there was a hard hit ground ball just to the left of Votto but was playable but it went off of hit glove.  KC guy stole 2nd then went to 3rd on a wild pitch and and the Reds offense was drawn i but a routine ground ball went right through Van Meters legs.  KC up 4-0 and by the way the Reds has no hits after 4 innings.  I was wondering if they no hit the Reds today in a 7 inning game will that count as a no hitter.

Initially, I thought it would, but after reading that in 1991 they deemed that a no-hitter had to be 9 innings, I don't know...seems like a gyp to me if a guy threw 7 innings of no hit ball and didn't get credit...

Link

"in September 1991 the Committee for Statistical Accuracy, chaired by then MLB Commissioner Fay Vincent, changed the official definition of a no hitter, declaring it a game of nine innings or more that ends with no hits."

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Can't remember a eam that is so self destructive than the Reds,  In the 4th there was a hard hit ground ball just to the left of Votto but was playable but it went off of hit glove.  KC guy stole 2nd then went to 3rd on a wild pitch and and the Reds offense was drawn i but a routine ground ball went right through Van Meters legs.  KC up 4-0 and by the way the Reds has no hits after 4 innings.  I was wondering if they no hit the Reds today in a 7 inning game will that count as a no hitter.

Moot point now, but the big deal before game 2 is, will Trevor Bauer wear the "Free Joe Kelly" cleats? 

I hope he does...

bauer.PNG

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Initially, I thought it would, but after reading that in 1991 they deemed that a no-hitter had to be 9 innings, I don't know...seems like a gyp to me if a guy threw 7 innings of no hit ball and didn't get credit...

Link

"in September 1991 the Committee for Statistical Accuracy, chaired by then MLB Commissioner Fay Vincent, changed the official definition of a no hitter, declaring it a game of nine innings or more that ends with no hits."

On the broadcast they said that a no hitter has to be 9 innings.  A complete game and shutout is official with 7 innings.

I am starting to wonder why the Reds don't at least bring up Aquino because he can't be any worse than Van Meter, Janokowski or Ervin.

Archived