2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys see this Rob Manfred stuff? Pressuring Mets with protests? I don't know gang. I wasn't born in the 60's so no clue what the social unrest vibe was like during that time but man....every frickin hour there's something. The whole country is constantly at odds. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

That athletes and other entertainers think I give 2 craps about their take on life in general amazes me...

And the fact that some people actually do amazes me even more...

I knew you were a Tiger Woods fan deep down. All business. No social commentary. Similar to Jordan. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I knew you were a Tiger Woods fan deep down. All business. No social commentary. Similar to Jordan. 

It's not even really that...I don't mind them commenting on social issues...but for the most part, I see the train wreck a lot of them have made out of their personal lives, and I just chuckle...

Well the Reds actually scored 6 runs on the first game of a DH winning 6-1.  Still not totally happy with the manager since he took out Sonny Gray after 5 innings and only gave up 4 hits a no runs with 86 pitches.  With it being a 7 inning game I would have thought they would have let Gray go the distance like Bauer has twice.

Well Bell at it again in the second game.  Wade Miley after 4 innings has a shutout and given up 1 hit but gets taken out.  Reds up 4-0 in the 5th and is hitting the ball better today than they have in weeks.  Wonder if it is coincidence that the benched Votto for both games and not having him hit leadoff.

Good day for the Reds with a sweep of the Brewers and the Cardinals got swept in a DH by the Pirates.  The Reds need to play more DH because they are 5-1 in the 3 DH they have played so far this season.  Pitching was great today giving up 1 run in the two games.  If some how they can turn it around and make the playoffs the Reds could be a tough out.  Their starting rotation one of the top staffs in baseball and that is what wins in the playoffs.

Pretty important series starting up the 2nd half of 60 game season. Cubs need to start hitting and Reds being 5 back are probably thinking they have to take 3 of 4 this weekend. With Brewers (Pirates) and Cardinals (Indians) having winnable series the NL Central could really tighten up this weekend. 

So.... I set a reminder Thursday morning to watch a MLB game on local tv.  Started watching.  And what did I get to see ?  .... Players walking OFF the field before the game even started.  Was fine.  Cause got to watch Jeopardy instead. A rerun of the College championship.... with a student from IU !  Yeah.

1 hour ago, rico said:

The Reds need Votto to be some semblance of his former MVP self.

Actually the Reds are better without Votto anymore. It's sad but he's a headcase at the plate and a liability defensively. It's no coincidence the Reds won both games. Those were some of the best lineups the Reds have ran out there all year. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Actually the Reds are better without Votto anymore. It's sad but he's a headcase at the plate and a liability defensively. It's no coincidence the Reds won both games. Those were some of the best lineups the Reds have ran out there all year. 

Can't disagree...

I thought the Reds was going to blow that 6-2 9th inning lead.  Reds pitching had been great except for the two solo HR's in the first. After the Reds made it 6-2 in the bottom of the 8th, Bell decided to not bring in their closer.  Instead brought in Stephenson who has pitched only 3 innings this year and a 9.00 ERA.  He only gave up 3 runs on two home runs and finally Bell brought in Iglesias to close the game.

Hopefully the Cubs can figure out a way to salvage a split today. Yu has been almost unhittable but all it takes is one pitch to change a game. That's the short terms. Long term and big picture? I'm looking at the same lineup, same players, make the same poor swings and same poor production. Been going on since 2017.

I'm dealing with the 5 stages of grief. I'm still between bargaining and acceptance with this crew. I know they delivered a World Series. I know they've delivered multiple playoff appearances and division titles since 2015.....but good teams don't have lineups who hit .216 and positions 2-5. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully the Cubs can figure out a way to salvage a split today. Yu has been almost unhittable but all it takes is one pitch to change a game. That's the short terms. Long term and big picture? I'm looking at the same lineup, same players, make the same poor swings and same poor production. Been going on since 2017.

I'm dealing with the 5 stages of grief. I'm still between bargaining and acceptance with this crew. I know they delivered a World Series. I know they've delivered multiple playoff appearances and division titles since 2015.....but good teams don't have lineups who hit .216 and positions 2-5. 

I know I sound like the Texas version of Scott, but they don't know any way to score but the home run...8 stolen bases, never see a hit and run...1 bunt all year...I know with the DH it isn't sexy, but winning is...

1 starter with an ERA below 4...It's not looking good...and don't get me started on the bench...Souza has been a total bust...Kipnis has come back to earth after a hot start...and Almora has lost all confidence...

If it doesn't improve and we either limp into the playoffs and lose early, or don't make them at all, I say break em up...

Archived