5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

You could be 1-31 and I still would want to punch him 

He'd kill ya...

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Whatever makes you feel better good night.  Just get tired of Cubs fans who think they are so great because they won 1 world series in 107 years.

My advice? Start wearing boxers...those tightie-whiteys are making you tense...

40 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Craig Kimbrel is not good...that is all.

Thought he was making some progress but not after that meltdown. I don't like losing but can handle it. What I can't handle is gifting games away. I think that's 3 or 4 this year our pen has done that. 27 games left. 20 of those against playoff or playoff contending teams. Can't afford to keep running him out there when game is on line.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Meh, I would pitch him today.

Haha. Yep. After today we've got day off tomorrow and 3 in Pittsburgh. Hopefully we can get some leads in that series and let him work his way out of this but if not he can't be coming out in 9th again. Especially with the schedule we have rest of year.

In the 4 games so far the Reds have given up 13 home runs and 18 runs.  Both teams pretty much just score on home runs and really have not had much else offensively.  The Reds is the only team not to give up a home run with more than one person on base.  They give up some home runs but very rarely with men on with 65 percent being solo home runs

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did you see the Cubs trade for Jose Martinez from the Ray's and he is a former Cardinal.

Yep. He hits .319 against lefties apparently. Since the rest of our right handed hitters are batting .218 it makes sense to try and do anything. Could be our DH moving forward.

I'm hoping even our pen can hold a 10-1 lead. Two dongs for Happ, Heyward, and now Schwarber with a Grand Slam. Not sure why whoever is pitching for the Reds thought a knee high pitch inside half of plate to KS was a good idea but we'll take it. 

Glad we are getting the split but after giving that one away last night it still feels average.

Some stats of the day. Cubs are first team in MLB history to have all 3 outfielders hit 2 home runs each in a game. And with KS last blast the Cubs outfielders have more home runs today from OF positions than Indians do all season. Who happen to be in first. Small ball disclaimer. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Balls come off Schwarbers bat different... dude has stupid power. 428 and 444 in the same game. 

Agree. My bias aside...inner half of plate and he'll mash anything....which always has me confused with pitches, scouts, coaches when he gets some cheese like he did today.

Archived