2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Fun stat I just saw that just doesn't seem right.. Joey Votto is only 9 walks away from taking over Pete Rose all time Reds walks lead but he's done so with 5,000 fewer at bats? 

Conversely, Votto is already the Reds all-time K leader.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I’ve heard Yankee fans complaining about Cole already. I just went and looked at his numbers. His ERA is a little high but not terrible. He’s averaging about 10 K’s a start and he’s not walking many. Sounds to me like he needs more run support. Wins and losses aren’t all on the pitcher. Yesterday’s start for example he went 6 innings with 1 ER, 3 unearned, 10 K’s, and 2 BB’s. The offense scored 1 run and the defense got sloppy. That’s not on Cole.

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

So I’ve heard Yankee fans complaining about Cole already. I just went and looked at his numbers. His ERA is a little high but not terrible. He’s averaging about 10 K’s a start and he’s not walking many. Sounds to me like he needs more run support. Wins and losses aren’t all on the pitcher. Yesterday’s start for example he went 6 innings with 1 ER, 3 unearned, 10 K’s, and 2 BB’s. The offense scored 1 run and the defense got sloppy. That’s not on Cole.

He just has that one inning that gets him in trouble. Plus with the big bats on the IL there isn't much offense to be had. There roster looks like a triple A squad, I don't recognize many of the players......

Reds have to be the worse hitting team in all of baseball and just lost to the pirated 3-2.  Reds were leading 2-1 going to the bottom of the 9th but Iglesias blew the game on two bloop hits and some bad fundamentals like missing cutoff men. Reds got a 2-0 lead in the 3rd on a 2 run homer by Castellanos and after that they got 1 hit.  The had to sweep this 4 game series against the pirates who has the worst record in the game but it was a split.  In the 4 games in this series the Reds scored 15 runs on 15 hits and drew 15 walks.  12 of the 15 runs scored off of Homeruns and they just can't score any other way.  I know a lot of baseball is getting like this but there is just not much activity in the game today.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Man Winker has went cold at the plate in the last 3 weeks.  He went from a .342 average to .299.  He has been a very steaky hitter but everyone else is as well.  Suarez is turning it around with 4 homeruns in 3 days and would be nice to see others get going as well.

.299? Can he get to the 312 area code asap?

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

.299? Can he get to the 312 area code asap?

In the first 3 weeks he hit .087 and then went on a long hot streak and now coming back to earth.  Still by far the leading hitter on the Reds but it is frustrating not to be able to get more than one hitter hitting be at a time.

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Lou Brock passed away. There has to be some on here that would say that was their first favorite player. 

RIP to a great ballplayer, and a nice man...Had the pleasure of meeting him twice, and he was as gracious and kind as they come...

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Winds blowing out like crazy but serving it up for sure. Has the feeling of a 13-11 game. 

The one Goldschmidt tagged didn't need any help...

He's just so inconsistent...paints corners, then loses one right over the heart of the plate...

But I agree with you...as Harry use to say, "5 runs will not win this game on a night like tonight!"

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The one Goldschmidt tagged didn't need any help...

He's just so inconsistent...paints corners, then loses one right over the heart of the plate...

But I agree with you...as Harry use to say, "5 runs will not win this game on a night like tonight!"

I watched the first 2 innings closely. I think KB is going to get run tonight. Rookie ump that the TV crew has mentioned already.....corners are getting inconsistent. You pair that with a frustrated team and I can see something happening. 

With that said. Keep it within 5 headed to 7th. I'd have more faith with this crew than Mitch. Different thread though. Haha.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I watched the first 2 innings closely. I think KB is going to get run tonight. Rookie ump that the TV crew has mentioned already.....corners are getting inconsistent. You pair that with a frustrated team and I can see something happening. 

With that said. Keep it within 5 headed to 7th. I'd have more faith with this crew than Mitch. Different thread though. Haha.

Eric Baccus, I think they said is his name...I was laughing when Hudson threw Contreas 2 strikes (according to the graphic on the screen) in a row he called balls...

24 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

David Bell is a terrible manager. His decision making is awful and he always just rambles in his post game pressers. He  and his decision making has lost several games this year and in 60 game season you can’t do that. 

He micro manages way touch and relies on stats to much.  He starts taking out players to early for defensive purposes or pinch it's to early just because of the right and lefty matchups.

In a weird way this might help the Cubs. Getting depantsed over the weekend by the Cardinals will obviously make the shift. It wasn't a manager problem or anything else. We caught lightning in a bottle and won a title. Made 4-5 playoff appearances. Kudos and we'll always love you.

But this core is up.Shove these guys elsewhere. I'll always love what they gave to us but enough is enough. Problem now is Ross is going great my record is attached to these guys as well?? Yes David. Your 13-3 great start is now 5 games under .500 for weeks. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

In a weird way this might help the Cubs. Getting depantsed over the weekend by the Cardinals will obviously make the shift. It wasn't a manager problem or anything else. We caught lightning in a bottle and won a title. Made 4-5 playoff appearances. Kudos and we'll always love you.

But this core is up.Shove these guys elsewhere. I'll always love what they gave to us but enough is enough. Problem now is Ross is going great my record is attached to these guys as well?? Yes David. Your 13-3 great start is now 5 games under .500 for weeks. 

Cards have held up extremely well against the Cubs especially with playing 0 games at Busch Stadium. 

Rumor only but Jason Heyward left the game last night because he wasn't feeling well. During these times unfortunately first thought is Covid. Guess we'll know later today or tomorrow but after he left the game the guys in the dugout were wearing masks more than usual.

Regarding Cubs. Just poor play. Nothing surprising. Been going on for a few years. Caused Maddon/Theo to agree to part ways and now Ross is dealing with this as well. Ross has first year first time manager as a pass from me and probably the masses.....but even he's starting to get dragged into the mud a bit. We just have to figure out the best way to overhaul this team/core/lineup. You can't keep going back to the same guys year after year. If the goal is to limp into the playoffs and lose we've got that covered. If the goal is titles this team won't do it again. 

Archived