2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Whoever Suarez is from the Reds is chirping quite a bit from the dugout apparently. I don't mind talk or chirping one bit....but I'd suggest chirping from a dugout while batting less than .200 isn't a wise move. Especially on a team that has failed at every level of expectations this year and is still down 5-6 games to a team that sucks. 

Maybe just me. Seems like an Illini move. 

You do realize he hit 49 homeruns last year so don't act like you don't know who he is.  

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It actually just hit me who we was. My apologies. Some guys have phenomenal stats on bad teams and the public forgets. 

He has been bad this year but I thought he might have turned it around the last week.  He had hit 4 homeruns in the last 3 games in Pittsburgh but that streak was short lived.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Braves have 29 tonight. Have to think without looking it up that's more than the Cubs have had since Memorial Day. 

I was going to look at how many games had it took the Reds to score that many runs.  I would say I probably would have to back 8 or 9 games for them to have a total of 29 runs

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My hats off to these Reds. Now Bauer chirping. Maybe these guys should have kept Dusty as their manager. Don't mind the talk one bit.....but eventually you have to say shut your mouth. Bauer pitched great tonight. 112 pitches I believe. 

Well the Cubs chirp more than any team in the league and it's not close. The Reds got tired of it and gave it right back. Maybe the Reds should have that attitude more often and they might not be 5 games behind the Cubs right now. 

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Well the Cubs chirp more than any team in the league and it's not close. The Reds got tired of it and gave it right back. Maybe the Reds should have that attitude more often and they might not be 5 games behind the Cubs right now. 

I know we've got some guys who talk. With no fans it's funny the things you hear now. My problem is my guys are yapping thinking they are still playing like they did in 15 and 16. I'd prefer (for the time being) a Jeter approach. We'll what today brings but not expecting a win since Gray is going.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

@ctrent
Trevor Bauer said the Cubs usually give up talking when they are down, but kept at it tonight. "It was impressive that you can chirp at someone after they shoved it up your ass for 7 2/3 innings."

Quote from Bauer after last nights game

I love me some Trevor Bauer.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was talking about Mr Bauer personally...Last time he met the Cubs in post season play, he was the shovee...not the shover...

Well we will see if the Cubbies can squander that "1969 lead."  Although they don't have to worry about the Mets catching them this time.

So Speaking of my hate of the Mets, and the 69 Mets in particular (I hated the 86 Mets too, but that was like a hangover effect from 69...yes, I hold onto a grudge), here's why...

1B Ernie Banks

Orlando Cepeda

Boog Powel

Donn Clendenon

2B Glenn Beckert

Felix Milan

Davey Johnson

Ken Bosewell/Al Weis

SS Don Kessinger

Sonny Jackson

Mark Belanger

Bud Harrelson

3B Ron Santo

Clete Boyer

Brooks Robinson

Ed Charles/Wayne Garrett

LF Billy Williams

Rico Carty

Don Buford

Cleon Jones

CF Don Young

Ralph Garr

Paul Blair

Tommy Agee

RF Jim HIckman

Hank Aaron

Frank Robinson

Ron F'ing Swoboda

C Randy Hundley

Bob Didier

Elrod Hendricks

Jerry Grote

Which only goes to show, good pitching beats good hitting every time...

Can't believe this 4 the inning for the Reds. Was 3-0 Red's but now behind 4-3 but none of the it's were hard hits at all.  2 walks and 2 infield hits with 1 ;double which was not hit that hard.  The conditions are not good and it has been raining for most of the game.  Both teams seems to having trouble with their footing especially in the outfield.  Had a 75 minute rain delay to start so this will be a late night.

Archived