2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well the Reds totally is letting this game get away from them.  Now down 7-3 and giving up 7 runs in the last two innings.  4 of their runs have scored on infield hits or fielder choices.

The Reds have let this shortened season get away from them.

th?id=OIP.dPT9dsybf0CVJFGx1o55jwHaE7&pid=Api&P=0&w=248&h=166

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Can't believe this 4 the inning for the Reds. Was 3-0 Red's but now behind 4-3 but none of the it's were hard hits at all.  2 walks and 2 infield hits with 1 ;double which was not hit that hard.  The conditions are not good and it has been raining for most of the game.  Both teams seems to having trouble with their footing especially in the outfield.  Had a 75 minute rain delay to start so this will be a late night.

You saw the "Sonny Gray" Yankee fans hated.....

Just now, Proud2BAHoosier said:

You saw the "Sonny Gray" Yankee fans hated.....

He was great last year and up to the last two starts this year he was very good.  The conditions last night didn't help but it just seems like something is wrong with him because his breaking ball is not working as well as it was earlier in the year.

No time for rest. Cubs/Brewers all weekend. Brewers 3 games below .500 and 5 back. They have to be thinking sweep since this is last time we meet head to head. Need the Reds to get hot this weekend if they can. I didn't watch any last night because of football but that team is plain puzzling. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No time for rest. Cubs/Brewers all weekend. Brewers 3 games below .500 and 5 back. They have to be thinking sweep since this is last time we meet head to head. Need the Reds to get hot this weekend if they can. I didn't watch any last night because of football but that team is plain puzzling. 

I am officially breaking out all of my Cubs gear.

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not an excuse but I just couldn't believe how many runs the Cubs scored on infield or weak hits.  I give the Cubs a lot of credit that they actually put the ball in play unlike another team I know. To me this shows that if you make contact anything can happen so why not make more contact instead of trying to hit homeruns all the time.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't realize Trevor Bauer was a free agent this upcoming off season. I'll take him and Castellanos from the Reds for $200M please Alex. 

I doubt many guys will opt out of their contracts this off season due to the uncertanity about the economics of baseball.  Bauer is a free agent and has said he will only signed one year contracts.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I doubt many guys will opt out of their contracts this off season due to the uncertanity about the economics of baseball.  Bauer is a free agent and has said he will only signed one year contracts.

Didn't know that on Bauer. Even better actually. I like one year deals for pitchers. Don't mind overpaying a bit if it's only one year. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't know that on Bauer. Even better actually. I like one year deals for pitchers. Don't mind overpaying a bit if it's only one year. 

With Bauer Reds coud be in good postion with him because the new Reds pitching cordinator has worked with Bauer for years.  The Reds hired this Boddy guy who has a pitching academy in Seattle  and that os where Bauer trains.

55 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

With Bauer Reds coud be in good postion with him because the new Reds pitching cordinator has worked with Bauer for years.  The Reds hired this Boddy guy who has a pitching academy in Seattle  and that os where Bauer trains.

Bauer has since retracted a little bit on the 1 year deals stance. That said I do think that the Reds will have a shot at keeping him with Boddy and all the Driveline connections they have now. Everyone knows Bauer isn’t a good fit with several teams and the way they work with pitchers but he is with the Reds. 

Just looked at the Reds schedule and went thrugh all of their games this year.  Theey have 2 3 game winning steaks and 2 2 game winning streaks. The last time they have won consectuitve games was 9/2 and 9/4 so it proves they just can't put a good streak together.

Tonight they started out alright and got up 1-0 but now in the 6they are down 6-1 and only has 1 hit.

Archived