2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep he’s type-1 diabetic so decided to sit it out. Our other closer Gallegos got hurt and now we lost probably the next closer in Gant today. Rough!

I sympathize to some extent, but the Cubs don't have a closer this year just a bunch of openers!

Just can't beleive the Reds and their offense because they jus tmake no name pitchers look good.  Going to the the top if the 7th the reds wer eup 1-0 and bauer had been dominate but gave up a lead off homer to start the 7th.  Since this is a DH it is only a 7 inning game so he was going for a complete game shutout.  Now the pirates has 1st and 2nd with one out and they are taking Bauer out.  Through 6 innings he had given up 1 hit and that was the leadoff guy in the 1st inning.  The problem is that the reds could only score 1 run and waste another great outing by Bauer.  The Pirates homerun probably wouldn't have been a homerun in a lot of parks but GABP is not a pitchers park.

I have criticized Bell a lot so I have to give him credit when credit is due.  Tied 1-1 in th elast inning with 2 outs and a runner on 1st and he takes out Shogo who has been hot for a rookie catcher.  All Tyler Stephenson di wa sht a walk off homer.  The two hits in the last inning came from Garcia a SS who had never played above A until this year and a rookie catcher.  Stephenson so far is 5-11 and 2 homeruns so maybe the reds has a couple of god young guys to help build around.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have criticized Bell a lot so I have to give him credit when credit is due.  Tied 1-1 in th elast inning with 2 outs and a runner on 1st and he takes out Shogo who has been hot for a rookie catcher.  All Tyler Stephenson di wa sht a walk off homer.  The two hits in the last inning came from Garcia a SS who had never played above A until this year and a rookie catcher.  Stephenson so far is 5-11 and 2 homeruns so maybe the reds has a couple of god young guys to help build around.

Well it only took Bell until the 5th of the second game to make another idiotic move.  He kept Disco in to long and let him give up the lead by giving up a 2 run homer. Then let him walk another hitter and then brings in a pitcher who has a 13.00 ERA.  Deleon then walked 2 straight guys and now went out injured.  He had Archie Bradley warmed up until the two run homer so they set him down.  With a score of 4-3 why not bring in one of your better pitchers to keep the lead at 1.  Actually should had Garrett up to face the LH hitters.  Now with the bases loaded and down 1 Bell brings in Rsmono who has not pitched this year.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Well it only took Bell until the 5th of the second game to make another idiotic move.  He kept Disco in to long and let him give up the lead by giving up a 2 run homer. Then let him walk another hitter and then brings in a pitcher who has a 13.00 ERA.  Deleon then walked 2 straight guys and now went out injured.  He had Archie Bradley warmed up until the two run homer so they set him down.  With a score of 4-3 why not bring in one of your better pitchers to keep the lead at 1.  Actually should had Garrett up to face the LH hitters.  Now with the bases loaded and down 1 Bell brings in Rsmono who has not pitched this year.

Scott for your health turn the tv, radio, and devices off, and do some deep breathing excercises, etc

Archived