2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rico said:

Cincy gonna hang on?

This one belongs to the Reds and now had won ,5 in a row.  Guarantee that no team wants to against a top two if Bauer and Castillo.  Also heard that Gray could come back this year and if healthy that is a nasty 3 man rotation.  In Castillo's last 3 starts he had pitched 22 innings and only gave up 3 runs.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This one belongs to the Reds and now had won ,5 in a row.  Guarantee that no team wants to against a top two if Bauer and Castillo.  Also heard that Gray could come back this year and if healthy that is a nasty 3 man rotation.  In Castillo's last 3 starts he had pitched 22 innings and only gave up 3 runs.

And with that win and a St. Louis loss the Reds move into 2nd in the NL Central by percentage points.

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

.490 to .489...But the Cards are still 3 to the good in the loss column...

That's the part if I was a Reds fan I'd be interested in. Some of the games needed to be made up aren't scheduled as of now. 13 scheduled left with 2 not scheduled. Exactly the scenario we discussed on here when Cardinals missed all those game early on. So will MLB schedule those 2 remaining games or have win % determine things?

On a separate note. Probably was Lester's last start at Wrigley last night. Like he said he can't believe how fast 6 years went. 

Just now, rico said:

Ya just had to rain on my parade didn't ya?

Now you know I would much rather see the Reds in the playoffs than the Cardinals...or anybody rather than the Cardinals...

Right now there are 7 teams separated by 2.5 games for that last playoff spot... This could be more fun than we thought... 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the part if I was a Reds fan I'd be interested in. Some of the games needed to be made up aren't scheduled as of now. 13 scheduled left with 2 not scheduled. Exactly the scenario we discussed on here when Cardinals missed all those game early on. So will MLB schedule those 2 remaining games or have win % determine things?

On a separate note. Probably was Lester's last start at Wrigley last night. Like he said he can't believe how fast 6 years went. 

On that note for all you Cubs fans, was Lester the greatest FA acquisition for the Cubs all time if not who was better. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

The Expos were a team I rooted for liked him and Carter and loved the logo

I think I can name their starting line-up from those days....

1B---Oliver, Perez

2B---Doug Flynn, Tim Raines

SS---Chris Speier

3B---Larry Parrish, Tim Wallach

LF---Warren Cromartie

CF---Andre Dawson

RF---Ellis Valentine

C---Gary Carter

SP's---Rogers, Grimsley, Sanderson, Gullickson

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I think I can name their starting line-up from those days....

1B---Oliver, Perez

2B---Doug Flynn, Tim Raines

SS---Chris Speier

3B---Larry Parrish, Tim Wallach

LF---Warren Cromartie

CF---Andre Dawson

RF---Ellis Valentine

C---Gary Carter

SP's---Rogers, Grimsley, Sanderson, Gullickson

That team should have won something (and yes, I know...1994)...

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Andre was my wives favorite player. I think Lester brought a toughness and veteran leadership role that the young guys needed. 

The Hawk won an MVP for a last place team (87), and helped propel the 89 Cubs to the playoffs (Jerome Walton and Dwight Smith were the additions the Cubs needed)...

But I do agree that Lester meant more in a team sense...

A first for me watching MLB last night...the Cubs had a slight game delay because some moron drove a drone above Wrigley Field and it halted the game.

Also for you Reds fans on here...the Cubs announcers were discussing how well the reds played this past week and how formidable they could be in the playoffs with top of rotation pitching.

19 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

A first for me watching MLB last night...the Cubs had a slight game delay because some moron drove a drone above Wrigley Field and it halted the game.

Also for you Reds fans on here...the Cubs announcers were discussing how well the reds played this past week and how formidable they could be in the playoffs with top of rotation pitching.

Was watching the game when the announcers said that.  Also on MLB network they were tlaking about how the Reds would be the scariest team of the wild car teams becaus eof their pitching.

Archived