2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

What about Fried and Davies?

Outside chance for both.  It will likely be very close.  Fried hasn't exactly been an innings eater. 

Darvish the front runner by a lot coming into September, but had a bad and mediocre starts with a final great finish v. White Sox. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

They ought to have Bartman throw out the first pitch to Alex Gonzales...

No doubt. So many other things happened in that game besides what happened in that game.

Regarding tomorrow and Thursday. As Cubs fans we know our team has the ability to go into witness protection quickly...but I must admit I'm surprised at number of "experts" picking Marlins. Hendricks record at home especially during playoffs and Darvish on Thursday? If we can score 4 runs in each game this series is over Thursday by dinner.

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

I really like following Trevor Bauer on Twitter. Had he not come to the Reds, I would have missed out a lot of entertainment. Go Reds.

He is a good follow and I like his edge. He'd look great in Cub blue next year. I'd give him the $ we'll have when Lester moves on....or even more!

How times has changed in baseball where in the top of the 9th and the Astros has 1st and 2nd an no outs.  This use to be an automatic time to bunt to get the runners over but they did not.  The batter struck out and then the next batter hit a  medium flyball to left field.  If they would have sacraficed the go ahead run probably would have scored.

Won't ever tire of playoff baseball....but maybe it's just the times. Just doesn't feel the same. Strong winds today in Wrigley....if my brain is working it looks like strong gusts to RF corner. Almost to the point of just it in the air. Glad Ross looks at weather forecasts and made the switch to have Hendricks go today. Keep that ball low.

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Won't ever tire of playoff baseball....but maybe it's just the times. Just doesn't feel the same. Strong winds today in Wrigley....if my brain is working it looks like strong gusts to RF corner. Almost to the point of just it in the air. Glad Ross looks at weather forecasts and made the switch to have Hendricks go today. Keep that ball low.

I am about 2 hours SE of Wrigley.  The wind is howling here out the W-SW.

Reds base running is killing them because they have had some scoring opprtunities.  Castellanos getting thrown out at 3rd trying to go 1st to 3rd on a single to left field.  Last inning with 1st and 3rd and two outs for some reason the runner at 1st decided to take off after the pitch and got caught in a run down and the runner from 3rd tried to go home but was thrown out.

Archived