2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IU Scott said:

Wouldn't want to play the Marlins in the playoffs since they have never lost a series.  Don't you have confidence in the Cubs to score or mre runs in the 9th

I knew it.  I was going  through my brain thinking.  2 appearances, 2 titles.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Early reports are broken hand for Marte. Hate that for any player and especially a Marlin player who has dealt with plenty only to still make playoffs. He's had some success vs Darvish too. Short memories in baseball. Have to get one tomorrow.

Didn't he get suspended for 'Roids?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So much for my Twins.

Hold the record for playoff futility.

Good pitching > good hitting... every time 

That's a tough one for sure. My condolences. It's weird thought when I think of playoff futility I think of Braves and Bills. Very, very good teams can get beat in a 3 game set. The way it is this year.

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't think I will recover from that Reds game not sure how the players will.  For some reason I just had the feeling that if they win they might be able to lock up Bauer but I would not be mad at him to look at a team that could score a run or 2 in 13 at bats. Little melodramatic this morning 

The epitome of the Reds offensive woes this season can be summed up in one AB yesterday.  Galvis came up in a scoring situation.  He struck out and never took the bat off of his shoulder.  Pitiful.

56 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't think I will recover from that Reds game not sure how the players will.  For some reason I just had the feeling that if they win they might be able to lock up Bauer but I would not be mad at him to look at a team that could score a run or 2 in 13 at bats. Little melodramatic this morning 

When it comes to Bauer theres a few things to keep in mind. There are several teams that won't want him. Kyle Boddy, Derek Johnson, and the way the Reds are developing their pitchers with the use of analytics and technology will play a big factor. It also helps the Reds that he only wants one year deals.

Well the Yankees did manage to beat the Indians last night in an ugly game for both teams. It was after midnight, after 1:00 a.m. eastern by the time the game ended, after 2 rain delays. Yanks were down 9-8 going in the top of the 9th and scratched across 2 runs to win. Aroldis, who you never know what will happen got the 3 outs for the "W".

Next up, Tampa Bay, which have owned the Yankees this year. This could be as far as the guys in pinstripes go.

We shall see.......  Go Yanks

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well the Yankees did manage to beat the Indians last night in an ugly game for both teams. It was after midnight, after 1:00 a.m. eastern by the time the game ended, after 2 rain delays. Yanks were down 9-8 going in the top of the 9th and scratched across 2 runs to win. Aroldis, who you never know what will happen got the 3 outs for the "W".

Next up, Tampa Bay, which have owned the Yankees this year. This could be as far as the guys in pinstripes go.

We shall see.......  Go Yanks

Love your passion man.  

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I don't have a good feeling about today's game.  I have a feeling we will not see the good Castillo today and with how much of the bullpen was used  yesterday it could be a long day.

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Reds really could have used a guy like Jose Iglesias this year. The way he gets the bat on the ball would have been a great benefit to this lineup and offense. 

I wanted them to keep him over Galvis because Iglesias had a good year with the reds last year.

Archived