2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me that is the way to play the game.  I just don't understand why prginizations think al of this analytics are the best way of playing the game.  To me sports are so more regimented and have no flair to it any longer.  People have tried to make sports perfect and have taken a lot of the enjoyable parts away from it.  To me if things has worked for years why try to toally change the sport because some stat guys think it should be changed.

One last thing on the Reds and I am done just like the Reds.  Lack of fundamentals are the reason the Reds won't be playing tomorrow beccause they would have one the game yesesterday easily.  When you havde at least 5 AB's with runners on 3rd and less than two outs you have to score.  All you have to do is hit a flyball to the outfield for a SAC fly or hit it in th einfield anywhere besides right at 1st or 3rd baseman.

Also bad base running or the lack of of instincts when it comes to base running.  The stupid double steal with runners on 1st and 3rd and two outs.  Castellanos getting thrown out at 3rd trying to go 1st to 3rd on a single to left field.  He hesitated coming aorund second and is very slow.  Last one in the 11th with runners on 1st and 2nd and a single to left votto had to hesitate a litlle to see if it would go through so he couldn't score because he is just to slow.  If you have more speed you can go 1st to 3rd easily or score from 2nd on a single to left.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The Reds really could have used a guy like Jose Iglesias this year. The way he gets the bat on the ball would have been a great benefit to this lineup and offense. 

Tell me about it.  The guy was solid.  I hated that they let him go.  

Just hate that for the Reds.  I guess Mouse used up all his clutch hits in KC and Milwaukee.  Whether it is his fault or not,  I haven't been impressed with Bell.  Coupled with Price, that's how many years of a poor manager.  Do they have a hitting coach?       

Midwest guy....but something about the A's and Raiders. Literally zero ties to either organization with friends or family but I love Oakland for some reason. Can't figure out why. Maybe the uniforms or perhaps the underdog approach of being across the Bay but I find myself cheering for these two teams regardless of where one calls home now. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Midwest guy....but something about the A's and Raiders. Literally zero ties to either organization with friends or family but I love Oakland for some reason. Can't figure out why. Maybe the uniforms or perhaps the underdog approach of being across the Bay but I find myself cheering for these two teams regardless of where one calls home now. 

With Matt Chapman sidelined, I'm not sure I could name an A's player.  But, I would probably be rooting for them if I watched.

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Got to be the uniforms.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Got to be the uniforms.

It's something man. When I first started collecting cards I had 3 rookie Rickey's (say that 3x)....and just loved the A's. Even over the last 10-15 years it seems like they would always go on a patented 27-8 stretch when the rest of the country was watching the Northeast. Good to see them advance. 

Don't want to be an excuse maker but some how that the Cardinals had to play those two make up games things could be different for the Reds.  By chance that the Cardinals lost those games the Reds could have been the 5th seed and facing a team without there top two starters.  The Reds batters would probably have made these Padres pitcher slook good.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't want to be an excuse maker but some how that the Cardinals had to play those two make up games things could be different for the Reds.  By chance that the Cardinals lost those games the Reds could have been the 5th seed and facing a team without there top two starters.  The Reds batters would probably have made these Padres pitcher slook good.

I wonder why they didn’t have to play those last two games honestly. 

One thing about playoff baseball is the mistakes that go unnoticed by many during the regular season gets magnified 20x in playoff baseball. Yesterday we saw a few managers lose series and games that will have their fans asking do we have the right guy from now until March. 

13 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

Do they have a hitting coach?       

Yes, and he's not very good. His name is Alan Zinter and he got the job because he is buddies with David Bell I don't think he's very good but this is only his second stint as an MLB hitting coach. The previous stint was 2016 and 2017 with the Padres who weren't very good. 

Reds Offseason to do list

1) Sign Trevor Bauer

2) Aquire a SS on a 1 or 2 year deal and let Garcia start in AAA (Gregorious, Simmons, or Semien)

3) Upgrade the catcher spot with Tyler Stephenson

4) Figure out the OF situation

5) Have a defensive first baseman on the roster

13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Reds Offseason to do list

1) Sign Trevor Bauer

2) Aquire a SS on a 1 or 2 year deal and let Garcia start in AAA (Gregorious, Simmons, or Semien)

3) Upgrade the catcher spot with Tyler Stephenson

4) Figure out the OF situation

5) Have a defensive first baseman on the roster

I think Trevor will be able to command 1 year $30M deal this off season from someone. Since the Cubs don't like to hit....I'd take Darvish, Bauer, and Hendricks and roll the dice next year.

Archived