2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

10 minutes ago, rico said:

With all that said he is now 11-12 in the play-offs career wise.  2-1 this year.  With a career ERA of 4.31.  His IP is 177.1 with 146 hits.  Not too shabby.

Understand. Not shabby at all but #1's are held to higher standards. 8-9 years of playoffs and no titles. He's in wrong town for that. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Some pitchers can handle the pressure that a big game has and some can not. The Yankees Chapman knows all about that unfortunately.....

But on a side note, how about one of Evansvilles' favorite sons, Don Mattingly, winning the NL Manager of the Year award?

Chapman just is Chapman.

I hope Donnie has a HoF managerial career.

Blake Snell was sure pissed to be taken out of the game with no outs in the fifth. He hadn't given up a run but had runners on first and third in the top of the fifth.  They took him out and the Astros ended up scoring 5 runs.  They showed him walking off the mound and he sure wasn't happy.

I just no I would hate to be a starting pitcher in today's game.  The manager will take you out at the first sign of trouble.

41 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hope the Rays blast Los Angeles. Not a big fan of the Dodgers and would like to see a smaller market team beat one of the big spenders.

BTW, I thought Bellinger's home run "trot" was pure bush league. If I would have been pitching for the Braves, the next pitch would have buzzed the hitter.

These kind of things is getting out of hand and don't know why the players have to try to show up the other team.  San Diego players are really bad at this and hope to see some pitchers take revenge next year.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

These kind of things is getting out of hand and don't know why the players have to try to show up the other team.  San Diego players are really bad at this and hope to see some pitchers take revenge next year.

I'm an old school guy but why do we hate some guys having fun. He just hit a game 7 hr that was the run that sent his team to the World Series. I am sure will get hit rightfully so next year. But let him enjoy the moment. I have no problem with it, in a big playoff game with a guy struggling in the series after his team was down 3-1. Let the guy enjoy the moment that as kids we all dream of. Thats why you play the game.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'm an old school guy but why do we hate some guys having fun. He just hit a game 7 hr that was the run that sent his team to the World Series. I am sure will get hit rightfully so next year. But let him enjoy the moment. I have no problem with it, in a big playoff game with a guy struggling in the series after his team was down 3-1. Let the guy enjoy the moment that as kids we all dream of. Thats why you play the game.

To me that is not having fun but showing up the pther team.  I am all for fun but I don't think what these guys are doing is just having fun.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me that is not having fun but showing up the pther team.  I am all for fun but I don't think what these guys are doing is just having fun.

Maybe I missed something. He hit it. Watched it. Looked at his teamnates celebrated then ran bases. Not.much different than this one, but it wasn't a walk off. Not sure either was showing up the opponent  both just pure joy IMO

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe I missed something. He hit it. Watched it. Looked at his teamnates celebrated then ran bases. Not.much different than this one, but it wasn't a walk off. Not sure either was showing up the opponent  both just pure joy IMO

Not even close to the same thing.  Like I said jump up and down and have fun but to just stand there and watching the ball and a bat flip is not haivng fun in my book.

Archived