2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was that bully in little league that would intentionally hit the 1st batter of almost every game in the back side with a ball as hard as I could throw. Everyone else got a little farther off the plate and the rest of the game pitching was much easier with a lot of plate and guys backing out on anything coming inside. Trust me I paid the price for it and had the bruises to show for it. I got hit my fair share. Its all part of the game

I think my grandson led his league in getting hit by a pitch. Don't know if it was because he bats from the left or what.....

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I think my grandson led his league in getting hit by a pitch. Don't know if it was because he bats from the left or what.....

How old? I know when I was older and throwing a curveball, I use to try to get in down and way in to tie up a lefty...Leave that one out over the plate or even on the inside corner and it'd get crushed. In my experience most lefties are good low ball hitters...

I'd hit a lot of them in the back foot...

I did not throw hard so if I hit someone it wouldn't hurt but I was our 3rd pitcher.  Luckily for me in little league I had the bezgt pitcher in our league throwing 75 mph and had a curve an dknuckle ball.  We only lost one game all year and that was the first game of the year 1-0.  I played SS most of the time and I was a good but not great hitter but got on base for our power hitters.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why in the Hell did the Ray's take Snell out after 5.1 innings with him only giving up 2 hits 0 runs.  Gave up a single with one out and you take him out.  Man these managers over think things to much.

Well that pitching changed back fire since the Dodgers just took a 2-1 lead

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This final game is a good example of baseball in 2020.  First the manager micro managing and not allowing your starter to go deep into a game.  Second of the 51 outs tonight 27 was by strikeouts.

"Cash said the decision to pull Snell was made because leadoff hitter Mookie Betts was coming up again, and Cash wanted to avoid having Snell go through the lineup a third time. The next three hitters Snell was due to face -- Betts, Corey Seager and Justin Turner -- were 0-for-6 with six strikeouts against him on Tuesday."

What a stupid move for a stupid reason...

And I have no way to prove either of these, but I think sometimes a manager out thinks himself for personal reasons. Snell had pitched 5 1/3 innings, so he would have been the winner had Tampa held the lead. Cash is thinking World Series clincher on Snell's resume.

Just like Maddon in 2016 yanking Hendricks after 4 2/3 with a 5-1 lead. Hendricks had not qualified for the win yet. He brings in Lester, who's been a great post season pitcher, for the cherry on top 7th game of the World Series win on his resume...

I know S6 disagrees with me on this, but I'll believe it til my dying day.

Both moves totally backfired but the Cubs were able to salvage the win (which ironically went to Aroldis Chapman who had blown the save)...

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

And I have no way to prove either of these, but I think sometimes a manager out thinks himself for personal reasons. Snell had pitched 5 1/3 innings, so he would have been the winner had Tampa held the lead. Cash is thinking World Series clincher on Snell's resume.

Just like Maddon in 2016 yanking Hendricks after 4 2/3 with a 5-1 lead. Hendricks had not qualified for the win yet. He brings in Lester, who's been a great post season pitcher, for the cherry on top 7th game of the World Series win on his resume...

Both moves totally backfired but the Cubs were able to salvage the win (which ironically went to Aroldis Chapman who had blown the save)...

That was Game #6 last night.  You don't get to have a 7 without winning 6 for the Rays.  Terrible move by Cash.

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'll add that Cash is lucky Turner came onto the field to celebrate because all of the coronabros are going crazy this morning with him instead of discussing Cash move.

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

But I still don't feel as dumb as Kevin Cash should...😁

Especially for a team that has a $30M payroll. Never know when those chances are going to come around in that division. Feel bad for Rays and in a very, very strange way glad for the Dodger players. 8 straight years I believe of playoffs and no title?? Maybe it's because of the way I view IU but I like the bluebloods in sports to get one every once in awhile.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Especially for a team that has a $30M payroll. Never know when those chances are going to come around in that division. Feel bad for Rays and in a very, very strange way glad for the Dodger players. 8 straight years I believe of playoffs and no title?? Maybe it's because of the way I view IU but I like the bluebloods in sports to get one every once in awhile.

I was happy for Kershaw...

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I know I was upset with Pinella in 1990 when he took Rio out of game 4 of the World Series.  That was with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs and no one on leading 2-1

Thing is... that wasn't a "must win" game.  

Archived