2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know reading the Redszone the last few weeks and some don't like that is not a good defensive OF but I will take that bat anytime.

And a guy who absolutely loves playing baseball, being at the yard,etc.....2 weeks after he got to Cubs last season on an off day he had a picnic with family in CF because he loves everything about baseball, ballparks,etc....

Huge huge get for Reds.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know reading the Redszone the last few weeks and some don't like that is not a good defensive OF but I will take that bat anytime.

Those boys over there are "WAY' to caught up in analytics.  They all think they are Billy Beane.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me that doesn't matter much. Shots to RF at that park are either routine or home runs. Plus he can play 3rd if you ever need it. Cubs have been looking down at the Central for 5 seasons. No we are either looking sideways or up to 3 teams. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And a guy who absolutely loves playing baseball, being at the yard,etc.....2 weeks after he got to Cubs last season on an off day he had a picnic with family in CF because he loves everything about baseball, ballparks,etc....

Huge huge get for Reds.

TY.

And I would say that the balance of power just made a big shift in the NL Central.  The Reds definitely appear to be serious about contending this year.

1 minute ago, rico said:

TY.

And I would say that the balance of power just made a big shift in the NL Central.  The Reds definitely appear to be serious about contending this year.

Just read contract terms. Odd that he can opt out after 1st year. Maybe that's what it took to get the deal done. Either way....Reds front office sees the team can compete and win the division with these moves. Strong pitching....add bats like this. Could be a very entertaining NL Central this year. Much like the Big 10. No easy games because you'll have 60 vs Brewers, Cubs, Cardinals....

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As of right now this could be the Reds lineup

1) CF can't spell the Japanese players name

2) 1B Votto

3) 3B Suarez

4) 2B Moose

5) RF Costalennos

6) LF Aquino

7) SS Galvis

80 C Barnhardt

Just call the Japanese player Shogo...and I think Castellanos will be in LF

1 minute ago, rico said:

I would play Senzel at SS...that is what he came up as...

Be worth the try but man they have switched him all over the place.  I thought coming out of UT he was a 3B.  Also the reason I put Costallanos in RF is that it seems like the easier field to play at GABP.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Be worth the try but man they have switched him all over the place.  I thought coming out of UT he was a 3B.  Also the reason I put Costallanos in RF is that it seems like the easier field to play at GABP.

Keep in mind that Suarez can play SS...Moose to 3rd...Senzel to 2nd.

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Cubs supposedly trying to sign former Red Scooter Gennett...

Hoping for a bounce back year?

Saw this online and thought it was funny. Cubs are hoping for 2018 of Scooter, 2017 version of Souza, 2016 version of Morrow, and 2015 verson of Kimbrel..

I'm all for trying to get things on the cheap or find guys who might just need a change of scenery but I don't know. Nothing to offer new on my end. Disappointed in this entire off season so far. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nope! I think we have 23 players trying out for 2nd base headed into spring. 

Then why on God's green Earth, considering the Cubs have salary issues, would Theo go out and get a veteran second baseman?  No offense to Scooter, but geez.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Then why on God's green Earth, considering the Cubs have salary issues, would Theo go out and get a veteran second baseman?  No offense to Scooter, but geez.

Pure speculation on my part but Theo is trying to find a blend or mix of energetic youth (Baez, Contreras,etc....) to match with vets who know and understand what it means to bring it every day in terms of preparation/execution i.e. doing the little things like a sac fly or moving the runner. There's a reason he went after Castellanos last year...but I think the biggest thing is Theo is pissed. He's pissed at a few of these guys and he's going to bring in as many players as they can to find the best core 8.

Speaking of Castellanos. He actually has 2 opt out clauses after 20 and 21. Just my hunch but this won't be the last time Theo tries to bring him in. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw this online and thought it was funny. Cubs are hoping for 2018 of Scooter, 2017 version of Souza, 2016 version of Morrow, and 2015 verson of Kimbrel..

I'm all for trying to get things on the cheap or find guys who might just need a change of scenery but I don't know. Nothing to offer new on my end. Disappointed in this entire off season so far. 

If it weren't for Theo, these guys might be sitting in a bar listening to Springsteen's "Glory Days"

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pure speculation on my part but Theo is trying to find a blend or mix of energetic youth (Baez, Contreras,etc....) to match with vets who know and understand what it means to bring it every day in terms of preparation/execution i.e. doing the little things like a sac fly or moving the runner. There's a reason he went after Castellanos last year...but I think the biggest thing is Theo is pissed. He's pissed at a few of these guys and he's going to bring in as many players as they can to find the best core 8.

Speaking of Castellanos. He actually has 2 opt out clauses after 20 and 21. Just my hunch but this won't be the last time Theo tries to bring him in. 

I did not like having that opt out after one year because more than likely e will test free agency after next year.  So if I am the Reds I would be hesitant to trade some of the excess OF's just in case he leaves after this year.

Archived