2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the Reds can't depend on Winker or Senzel can stay healthy for a full season.  I would like to trade both of them and more prospects to the Indians for Lindor and sign Ozuna.

1) Shagoo(sp)? from Japan- CF

2) Votto- 1B

3) Lindor- SS

4) Suarez- 3B

5) Moustakas- 2B

6) Ozuna- LF

7) Aquino- RF

😎 Barnhart- C

This reminds of a post in the recruiting forum.  Counting chickens before their hatched and talking about a "potential" line-up with said eggs that are not in a Reds uniform.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, rico said:

This reminds of a post in the recruiting forum.  Counting chickens before their hatched and talking about a "potential" line-up with said eggs that are not in a Reds uniform.

I don't think that will happen but as a Reds fan that is all we have

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't think that will happen but as a Reds fan that is all we have

I don't know myself...but it does appear the Tribe is looking for youth.  Senzel and Winker would be worth dealing for Lindor.  And to be honest, I like your line-up...minus the catcher!

14 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know myself...but it does appear the Tribe is looking for youth.  Senzel and Winker would be worth dealing for Lindor.  And to be honest, I like your line-up...minus the catcher!

I agree about catching but they can't upgrade every position in one off season.  I think they need a couple of more quality arms in the bullpen.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

.240 lifetime hitter with no power...yeah, that'll push us over the top...🙄

Not flashy at all but he's been batting .372 in Dominican winter ball this year. Maybe he figured something out? Really good infielder. My guess is they signed him to a cheap deal just to see if maybe he found something. Otherwise all Cubs moves are on hold until Bryant grievance gets figured out.

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not flashy at all but he's been batting .372 in Dominican winter ball this year. Maybe he figured something out? Really good infielder. My guess is they signed him to a cheap deal just to see if maybe he found something. 

Ya just never know.  The kid might become a diamond.

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's a bit of a hit for the Cubs pen. He pitched pretty well for us last year. Sub 3 ERA I think.

He did....but most of us remember his 3 walks and walking in the winning run vs Padres in Sept on 4 straight pitches costing us a win. We'll see about White Sox. Many of their moves have a Jim Hendry feel to them. Sound and look good but not moves for the long haul and I still believe their "rebuild" is a ways off. They did finish 28.5 out of first.

For the Cubs fans. This was just a rumor but now it's popped up a few places. Contreras and possibly Heyward to Rockies for Arenado. Send Bryant to whomever will pay the most for prospects so we replenish the farm system. Take the $ saved from Heyward contract and resign Castellanos and put him in right with Arenado obviously taking over at 3rd. All things considered. I'd be ok with that.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Cubs fans. This was just a rumor but now it's popped up a few places. Contreras and possibly Heyward to Rockies for Arenado. Send Bryant to whomever will pay the most for prospects so we replenish the farm system. Take the $ saved from Heyward contract and resign Castellanos and put him in right with Arenado obviously taking over at 3rd. All things considered. I'd be ok with that.

I had not seen that, but I had seen that Nolan was on the block.  

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Heyward is owed 86 million over 4 years (21-22 mil per), and Contreras is projected to make 4.5 million in 2020 (arbitration). Bryant stands to make 18.5 (arbitration) this year.

So I guess taking on Arenado's 35 million per year (through 2026) would in fact cut payroll for the Cubs. 

The 3 good players for 1 good player (I hesitate to call any hitter coming out of Colorado great until I see what they do in a "normal" ballpark...and Arenado's numbers of .324/129/446 at home and .265/98/288 on the road with a similar number of ABs are very telling) and some prospects is concerning to me. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I would think it would take a lot more than that to get Arenado.

33 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Heyward is owed 86 million over 4 years (21-22 mil per), and Contreras is projected to make 4.5 million in 2020 (arbitration). Bryant stands to make 18.5 (arbitration) this year.

So I guess taking on Arenado's 35 million per year (through 2026) would in fact cut payroll for the Cubs. 

The 3 good players for 1 good player (I hesitate to call any hitter coming out of Colorado great until I see what they do in a "normal" ballpark...and Arenado's numbers of .324/129/446 at home and .265/98/288 on the road with a similar number of ABs are very telling) and some prospects is concerning to me. 

That aint the way I read Seeking6's post.  Heyward and Contreras to the Rocks for Arenado.

Bryant to whoever for prospects.

Edit: I apologize.  I see what you are saying now.  I misread it.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

That aint the way I read Seeking6's post.  Heyward and Contreras to the Rocks for Arenado.

Bryant to whoever for prospects.

Edit: I apologize.  I see what you are saying now.  I misread it.

Most of the time in the MLB when teams trade big time players they will want top prospects rather than players like Contreras and Hayward.

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think it would take a lot more than that to get Arenado.

All Star catcher and former All Star Vet in Heyward who could patrol the leagues biggest park? Arenado can opt out after 2021, full no trade clause and wants only to go to a winner. Rockies have never had a big payroll and Arenado eating up roughly 20-25% moving forward has their ownership concerned. To me (minus what the Cardinals might offer) is heckuva deal for a guy who will be leaving by 2021. 

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Most of the time in the MLB when teams trade big time players they will want top prospects rather than players like Contreras and Hayward.

Different strategy and mode for Cubs. We'll move Bryant for prospects but this trade (if it ever happens) is to continue in thought of tweaking not rebuilding and we get one of the best 3rd baseman in the game and ability to sign a guy in Castellanos who fell in love with Cubs and our fans love his daily effort too. Win win. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Only 5 guys in the league with batting average of .300 and .950 OPS since 2017. Besides Arenado...Trout, Yelich, Martinez, and Rendon. I get the point but I'll accept those risks. 

Archived