2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

19 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL, he is a likable kind of crazy.  A few weeks back he said he wanted to pitch on 3 days rest...for an entire year.

He's got a live arm and pretty good stuff...Command gets away from him occasionally, but like I said, I'd take him...

I think Bauer and Gray have to be solid for the Reds to be serious contenders...Castillo is damn good...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He's got a live arm and pretty good stuff...Command gets away from him occasionally, but like I said, I'd take him...

I think Bauer and Gray have to be solid for the Reds to be serious contenders...Castillo is damn good...

Bauer is the key with the rotation...

1 hour ago, rico said:

Reds' Galvis has an MRI done following a quad strain...severity is not known at this time.  

Injuries has already started.  Funny thing was that Galvis had a long consecutive games played like 400+ games before he got to the Reds.  He got injured at the end of last year to break that streak and now this injury.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:02 AM, IUFLA said:

I think you live in Houston iirc. Would love to know what the vibe of the city or fans are as it relates to Astros. Support no matter what? Or are fans walking away from them?

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think you live in Houston iirc. Would love to know what the vibe of the city or fans are as it relates to Astros. Support no matter what? Or are fans walking away from them?

I live near Houston, and go into the city pretty much every day...

Walk away? No...Texans are the most stubborn bunch of people...I noticed an increase in the number of people I saw wearing Astros gear right after all the crap came out...

So, being the person I am, I started needling my friends who are big Astros fans about it...LOL...it's funny to hear them start sputtering out the cliches ("if you ain't cheatin, you ain't competin!") or the excuses...even the local TV stations do it...

So in my estimation, it's galvanized them...

Only in Texas...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Walk away? No...Texans are the most stubborn bunch of people...I noticed an increase in the number of people I saw wearing Astros gear right after all the crap came out...

So, being the person I am, I started needling my friends who are big Astros fans about it...LOL...it's funny to hear the start sputtering out the cliches ("if you ain't cheatin, you ain't competin!") or the excuses...even the local TV stations do it...

Soon my estimation, it's galvanized them...

Only in Texas...

Thanks! I'd probably be the same way. Just curious how the locals were reacting. 

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Injuries has already started.  Funny thing was that Galvis had a long consecutive games played like 400+ games before he got to the Reds.  He got injured at the end of last year to break that streak and now this injury.

Well if Freddy misses time then the Redlegs will need a starting SS.

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

So, being the person I am, I started needling my friends who are big Astros fans about it...LOL...it's funny to hear them start sputtering out the cliches ("if you ain't cheatin, you ain't competin!") or the excuses...even the local TV stations do it...

So in my estimation, it's galvanized them...

Only in Texas...

Man that sounds something like pUKe fans would say......

Of all people it was Matt Painter today who talked me back into believing in the Cubs. He said when you reach a pinnacle of success people start to tinker a bit much with lineup or staff or whatever....said the Cubs lineup and pitching is strong enough to win and win big. IN this one rare instance Painter might have a point. 

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Of all people it was Matt Painter today who talked me back into believing in the Cubs. He said when you reach a pinnacle of success people start to tinker a bit much with lineup or staff or whatever....said the Cubs lineup and pitching is strong enough to win and win big. IN this one rare instance Painter might have a point. 

Put your hands in the air and step away from the bong...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Who cares about the Cubs. My White Sox have me optimistic for the first time in a while.  They could be dangerous this year.

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Who cares about the Cubs. My White Sox have me optimistic for the first time in a while.  They could be dangerous this year.

Welcome to the big board...wtf  have you been with baseball talk?  LOL

15 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I've been hearing the chirping from 35th and Shields for 2-3 years now. Guess time will. White Sox finished 28 out of their own division last year so I guess that's a good first step, right?

11 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been hearing the chirping from 35th and Shields for 2-3 years now. Guess time will. White Sox finished 28 out of their own division last year so I guess that's a good first step, right?

Well the Pale Hose have the Royals and Tigers in their division.  That is good for 81 wins right there isn't it?

Archived