2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

30 minutes ago, rico said:

Well the Pale Hose have the Royals and Tigers in their division.  That is good for 81 wins right there isn't it?

You would think so. This is year 4 of their rebuild. For those keeping score Theo and his rebuild delivered  Cubs fans a NLCS series by year 4. 

White Sox need to do something this year. Obviously make the playoffs is ideal....but even playing important games in late September would be a huge improvement.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

You would think so. This is year 4 of their rebuild. For those keeping score Theo and his rebuild delivered  Cubs fans a NLCS series by year 4. 

White Sox need to do something this year. Obviously make the playoffs is ideal....but even playing important games in late September would be a huge improvement.

Can they win 90 games this year in that division?

13 hours ago, Reacher said:

Who cares about the Cubs. My White Sox have me optimistic for the first time in a while.  They could be dangerous this year.

I'd like to see a Cubs-White Sox World Series...

Not counting on it though...

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Taking the jump from 72 to 90 I guess can happen but seems a tad unrealistic. I still believe in Twins and Indians more than Sox. 

They need to lop a run off that 4.90 ERA from last year and shore up their D...Keuchel will help, but he's not what he was 5 years ago...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

They need to lop a run off that 4.90 ERA from last year and shore up their D...Keuchel will help, but he's not what he was 5 years ago...

I think there pitching will be a little better but there Offense will take even another step up.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

What are you expecting...record wise?

They won 72 last year, I think they get over 500 this year- maybe mid 80s? Remember, I'm an optimist. I thought the Bears and and IU were going to be much better this year than they ended up

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

They won 72 last year, I think they get over 500 this year- maybe mid 80s? Remember, I'm an optimist. I thought the Bears and and IU were going to be much better this year than they ended up

Heck, you never know...the Reds won 77 in 1998 and turned around and won 96 in '99.

7 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Reported that Judge has a fractured rib and will be shut down for a couple of weeks.

Seems the injury plagued season from last year is rearing its' ugly head again.....   Ugghhh

It's unfair and have zero data to back it up but certain teams and guys always have a way of getting injured. Cubs have had a few too. Becomes so annoying you end up semi upset with the player because he can't stay healthy. Haha

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's unfair and have zero data to back it up but certain teams and guys always have a way of getting injured. Cubs have had a few too. Becomes so annoying you end up semi upset with the player because he can't stay healthy. Haha

Why do the Reds' Senzel and Winker come to mind for me?

Nicholas on the Cubs...

Said Castellanos, “I don’t know the intricacies of owning a team. The only thing I can speak on when it comes to the Cubs is what a tremendous and incredible soul that organization has when it has life. The only thing I would care about if I owned the Cubs would be to give it as much life as possible. It’s hard, I don’t know what it’s like to own a business.”

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Nicholas on the Cubs...

Said Castellanos, “I don’t know the intricacies of owning a team. The only thing I can speak on when it comes to the Cubs is what a tremendous and incredible soul that organization has when it has life. The only thing I would care about if I owned the Cubs would be to give it as much life as possible. It’s hard, I don’t know what it’s like to own a business.”

I read into that...

"I wanted to stay, but the McRicketts didn't want to pay me. They're cheap."

Like Wilbur Marshall and the Bears in 86...

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I read into that...

"I wanted to stay, but the McRicketts didn't want to pay me. They're cheap."

Like Wilbur Marshall and the Bears in 86...

That or Nicholas is a tad confused why the Cubs didn't pursue him harder?

3 minutes ago, rico said:

That or Nicholas is a tad confused why the Cubs didn't pursue him harder?

I'm sure he is...

I think he believes he made them a much better team...and he can't believe that Cincinnati could outspend the Cubs...

Hence my insinuation about the McRicketts being cheap...

47 minutes ago, rico said:

Nicholas on the Cubs...

This is code for Ricketts basically saying our cost projections and overruns for our families vision of owning every building around Wrigleyville cost $1 Billion more than projections. For the time being no one gets a cent.

Statements like this from Castellanos make me want the guy back more than ever. He really gets baseball. Reds were wise to get him.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think the NL Central will be a 4 team dogfight with only the Pirates on the outside looking in (what's new)...

A bat like Castellanos' might make the difference in a tight race...

I really don't follow the Brewers or the Cards to know what they are gonna look this season.  

11 minutes ago, rico said:

I really don't follow the Brewers or the Cards to know what they are gonna look this season.  

Both stood pat pretty much (like the Cubs) with no major moves besides both losing a bat (like the Cubs...Moustakas and Osuna)...

But, you know me...it'll boil down to pitching...I'm not enamored with any of the pitching staffs in the NL Central...tight race...

Archived