2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Both stood pat pretty much (like the Cubs) with no major moves besides both losing a bat (like the Cubs...Moustakas and Osuna)...

But, you know me...it'll boil down to pitching...I'm not enamored with any of the pitching staffs in the NL Central...tight race...

I am enamored by my Reds' staff....

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rico said:

The Disastros have shut down Verlander...for the time being.

Oh, I have to use that on my neighbor, who says he's a "big" Astros fan...knows everything about them...

Of course I told him I was always a fan of the Toy Cannon and he said, "They still shoot that thing off?"

🙄

Both Happ (spectacular) and Almora (good) have shown well in spring training...

That's make for a crowded outfield with Sousa, Heyward, and Schwarber, which is a good thing...one or the other, or both in a platoon, might be able to offset the loss of Castellanos...

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Forgot about him but not a big fan of his

LOL...I do believe the Reds are going to morph into the Maddon Cubs of the last few years.  That is to say different line-ups game to game/daily.  I will leave Aquino out of the equation, as I believe he will be sent down, but 4 starting OF's are on the roster.  Castellanos, Senzel, Shogo, and Winker.  I see Nicholas as the one that starts everyday and the other 3 seeing time in the other 2 spots.  With that being said Castellanos and Senzel both, can play IF.  So the IF is just as much a juggling act up the middle or even at the hot corner with Geno being injured.  I have no idea about pen either.  Has Iggy returned to form?  What is Strop's role?  Mahle gonna be part of the bullpen equation?  Lots of questions other than the starting rotation at this point.  Opening day can't get here soon enough.

BTW Scott, here is a nice piece on Garcia.  Rather lengthy but very good.

https://redsminorleagues.com/2020/03/04/comparing-jose-garcia-to-past-reds-shortstop-prospects/

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's make for a crowded outfield with Sousa, Heyward, and Schwarber, which is a good thing...one or the other, or both in a platoon, might be able to offset the loss of Castellanos...

Is Nico gonna be on the opening day roster?

Bonds feels like MLB has given him a "death sentence."

Gee, Barry...you shoulda thought about that when you went on the juice...I guess it wasn't enough that you were already a player who had the skills to be a HOFer...you had to be the greatest of all time...how you can look an honorable man like Henry Aaron in the eye is beyond me...

Reap what you sow, Hoss...Reap what you sow...

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bonds feels like MLB has given him a "death sentence."

Gee, Barry...you shoulda thought about that when you went on the juice...I guess it wasn't enough that you were already a player who had the skills to be a HOFer...you had to be the greatest of all time...how you can look an honorable man like Henry Aaron in the eye is beyond me...

Reap what you sow, Hoss...Reap what you sow...

Barry,

Don't cry me a river.  I bet your bank account is larger than mine.  Wanna buy my autograph to help this poor guy out?

Signed,

Pete Rose

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Barry,

Don't cry me a river.  I bet your bank account is larger than mine.  Wanna buy my autograph to help this poor guy out?

Signed,

Pete Rose

You've hit 2 of my All-Time MLB A-Hole team with one fell swoop...good deal!

22 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Hope they can finally put a season together because they are very close to Patterson and Pie status in my eyes. Lofty hype. Never delivered results.

46 minutes ago, rico said:

MLB is to discuss the virus tomorrow.  Appears that some venue changes might be coming.

Word is, if a player on another team is found to have the virus, someone in the Astros dugout will bang on a trashcan...

Archived