Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
5fouls

2020 MLB Discussion

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rico said:

Covid/MLB news...

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/07/06/mlb-covid-19-test-delays-impacting-multiple-teams/

Is there really going to be a season?

At this point I still believe a season is happening but it seems like baseball just needs to start because the off the field stuff has been one of the best coordinated messes in sports history. Can't remember another sports league having this many issues. I'm still waiting for a few more big names to say no dice this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how much advantage other than travel but schedules coming out. Cubs get Cardinals and Brewers for 7 of 10 games at Wrigley. Play 7 of 10 at Reds/at Pirates. This year though with reduced if any capacities I don't see home field having a true advantage other than travel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure how much advantage other than travel but schedules coming out. Cubs get Cardinals and Brewers for 7 of 10 games at Wrigley. Play 7 of 10 at Reds/at Pirates. This year though with reduced if any capacities I don't see home field having a true advantage other than travel. 

Saw on MLB network that the Reds has the easiest schedule for the first month of the season.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/schedule/2020-08

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rico said:

Did I just see 17 games in a row to start the season?

Sounds about right. I'll need to look at more but Cubs have 17 to start, get a day off followed by another 9. I'm still convinced something is going to happen between now and start. Just yesterday 2 teams suspend practice because they couldn't get test results or whatever and Bryant for Cubs said he really thought there would be more testing. Explained he thought everything would be fine to play now he isn't so sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds about right. I'll need to look at more but Cubs have 17 to start, get a day off followed by another 9. I'm still convinced something is going to happen between now and start. Just yesterday 2 teams suspend practice because they couldn't get test results or whatever and Bryant for Cubs said he really thought there would be more testing. Explained he thought everything would be fine to play now he isn't so sure.

I ain't so sure either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rico said:

The economics of cancelling the season are mind-boggling.

Yep.....all the way down to the beer vendors and parking lot attendants. The reach of not having fans in all sports is heartbreaking. Hundreds of thousands of employees nationwide in every ballpark, stadium, gym, restaurants/bars food servers near ballparks, parking, hotel employees all they way down to the guy in the can at Cubby Bear who gives me a towel or shot of cologne for a few bucks. Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty optimistic they'll have a season. Not sure they'll finish it, but I think they'll start. I'm curious what happens if a team has an outbreak. Do they just drop the team or what??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cubs/Braves don't play this year ending the longest uninterrupted series ever in American SPORTS history after 146 years dating to 1873. Assuming there's some breaks in there for WWII.

Maybe the playoffs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, landrus13 said:

I'm pretty optimistic they'll have a season. Not sure they'll finish it, but I think they'll start. I'm curious what happens if a team has an outbreak. Do they just drop the team or what??

I am more concerned about the chewing of sunflower seeds!  LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cubs/Braves don't play this year ending the longest uninterrupted series ever in American SPORTS history after 146 years dating to 1873. Assuming there's some breaks in there for WWII.

Maybe the playoffs?

Now that would have been one helluva trivia question.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...