2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I hate being conspiracy guy but this seems like something else in play here.

Saw this last night on the news to illustrate how the US treats the virus, as opposed to the Canucks...Funny, yet insightful...

NF.PNG

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yankees starting the season on a good note by leading the Nats and Scherzer 4-1. Giancarlo hits the seasons' first homer in the 1st inning. Cole looking sharp.

Go Yankees

I listened to a little bit of that on WSBT out of South Bend...didn't care who was playing, it was baseball.

Congrats to your Yanks.

For the out of Chicago market Cubs fans. If I'm reading correctly HULU Live won't carry Cubs games on Marquis Network because we're out of market? Anyone else running into this with other streaming services? Trying to figure out which package to buy don't want to choose wrong one. Or maybe best move it to just stream MLB's package?

Update-Crane Kenney said this morning getting Indy and Fort Wayne markets were a key....so I guess good to go on Cubs/Marquis network.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For the out of Chicago market Cubs fans. If I'm reading correctly HULU Live won't carry Cubs games on Marquis Network because we're out of market? Anyone else running into this with other streaming services? Trying to figure out which package to buy don't want to choose wrong one. Or maybe best move it to just stream MLB's package?

Update-Crane Kenney said this morning getting Indy and Fort Wayne markets were a key....so I guess good to go on Cubs/Marquis network.

Just noticed on my Guide on Xfinity there is a new channel the Marquee Sports Network and it looks like a Cub station.

17 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Yankees starting the season on a good note by leading the Nats and Scherzer 4-1. Giancarlo hits the seasons' first homer in the 1st inning. Cole looking sharp.

Go Yankees

And I noticed all of the players and coaches knelt BEFORE the National Anthem, and then stood while it played...

That's a compromise I can live with...

Watching the Reds game and the Tigers pitcher Boyd struck out 238 batters last year.  They said that was the most by a Tigers left-hander since 1972 which was Mickey Lolich with 250 J's. Show you how impressive Boyd was that he only pitched 185 innings while Lolich pitched 378 innings.  I know it is different but that year Lolich pitched 378 innings on 45 starts and completed 29.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching the Reds game and the Tigers pitcher Boyd struck out 238 batters last year.  They said that was the most by a Tigers left-hander since 1972 which was Mickey Lolich with 250 J's. Show you how impressive Boyd was that he only pitched 185 innings while Lolich pitched 378 innings.  I know it is different but that year Lolich pitched 378 innings on 45 starts and completed 29.

Lolich shot 250 jumpers during a MLB season?  :coffee:

For the love of God where is Jessica Mendoza. ARod is the absolute worst color guy I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot. At least she could reduce his idiocy by a third or so...

And I wonder where the Brewers found a mask big enough to accommodate Craig Counsell's beezer...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

For the love of God where is Jessica Mendoza. ARod is the absolute worst color guy I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot. At least she could reduce his idiocy by a third or so...

And I wonder where the Brewers found a mask big enough to accommodate Craig Counsell's beezer...

Jessica Mendoza is fantastic.  Fortunately, I am watching the Reds game, so I only get A-Rod between innings.

Kyle Hendricks no nonsense just straight pitching. Assuming 12 starts he goes 8-2 with 2 ND's. Just need rest of staff to get 28 wins and division is ours. PS.....cardboard cutouts are leaving Comiskey early tonight. Kidding of course for our resident 35th and Shields fans.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Kyle Hendricks no nonsense just straight pitching. Assuming 12 starts he goes 8-2 with 2 ND's. Just need rest of staff to get 28 wins and division is ours. PS.....cardboard cutouts are leaving Comiskey early tonight. 

I enjoy watching Hendricks pitch, but the Reds have someone just as good or better in Sonny Gray, and our rotation is overall better than yours.  I would not be counting on that division title just yet.

Reds have a chance to get off to a very good start.  6 of the first ten against the Tigers, who are just flat awful.

Archived