2020 MLB Discussion

5fouls

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

For the love of God where is Jessica Mendoza. ARod is the absolute worst color guy I've ever heard, and that's saying a lot. At least she could reduce his idiocy by a third or so...

And I wonder where the Brewers found a mask big enough to accommodate Craig Counsell's beezer...

Here in Central Indiana the Cubs game on ESPN is blacked out.  My Reds so far are looking really good up 7-1 in the bottom of the 8th.  Moustakas is 3-4 with a HR and 4 RBI's.  Constellanos is 1-2 with an RBI and walked twice.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I enjoy watching Hendricks pitch, but the Reds have someone just as good or better in Sonny Gray, and our rotation is overall better than yours.  I would not be counting on that division title just yet.

Reds have a chance to get off to a very good start.  6 of the first ten against the Tigers, who are just flat awful.

Just looking at schedule they need to get out hot. 15 of last 18 look a tad difficult....although all of us in Central are in same boat. I'm thinking 36 wins the division. Could have with new rules 4 teams get in from Central alone if it's as tight as I think it will be.

39 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Ross got bonus points with me (and probably the entire pitching staff) for letting Hendricks finish the game...I think Maddon would have pulled him after 7 innings.

When Ross went out to the mound in the top of the 9th I thought he would be crazy to pull him.

I wish Ross the best of luck this year. Time will tell what this post looks like in 45 days but very, very real concerns (again) about Cubs bullpen. It plagued Maddon for last 2 seasons. We'll see what Ross can do with it. I think we blew the most wins last year. Brewers are having batting practice vs our bullpen today. 

Tonight's Reds game is why I hate how managers manage today.  Reds starter Castillio pitched 6 inning giving up 1 run on 6 hits and only 91 pitches. Reds were up 3-1 and then you take out a guy who was dealing to bring in a guy that is cold and you have no idea what they have.  The Reds bullpen in 3 innings gives up 5 runs and gave up the lead and now it is 6-4 Tigers in the bottom of the 9th.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Tonight's Reds game is why I hate how managers manage today.  Reds starter Castillio pitched 6 inning giving up 1 run on 6 hits and only 91 pitches. Reds were up 3-1 and then you take out a guy who was dealing to bring in a guy that is cold and you have no idea what they have.  The Reds bullpen in 3 innings gives up 5 runs and gave up the lead and now it is 6-4 Tigers in the bottom of the 9th.

Bell totally mismanaged the game.  I don't mind him bringing in Stephenson when he did because Castillo does tend to tire when he gets up around 100 pitches.  Yes, he gave up a HR, but the single was a bloop. and then he removed Stephenson after he finally got an out.  And, it was not like he was bringing in a lefty to face a lefty.  He just replaced Stephenson with Lorenzen, another right-hander.  And, finally, under no circumstances should Iglasies be pitching in a tie game.  He proved that last season.  Garrett had been so dominant in the 8th, he should have been left in the game.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

60 games in 66 days....and the possibility of your team making the playoffs. Get used to managers managing arms this season more than ever.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

60 games in 66 days....and the possibility of your team making the playoffs. Get used to managers managing arms this season more than ever.

To mangle an old baseball axiom...

"You're gonna win 20, your gonna lose 20. It's what you do with the other 20 that really counts"

And I see the Padres have gone back to that God awful turd brown mustard yellow color scheme...🤮

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Bell totally mismanaged the game.  I don't mind him bringing in Stephenson when he did because Castillo does tend to tire when he gets up around 100 pitches.  Yes, he gave up a HR, but the single was a bloop. and then he removed Stephenson after he finally got an out.  And, it was not like he was bringing in a lefty to face a lefty.  He just replaced Stephenson with Lorenzen, another right-hander.  And, finally, under no circumstances should Iglasies be pitching in a tie game.  He proved that last season.  Garrett had been so dominant in the 8th, he should have been left in the game.  

Castillo was pitching his 1st game of the season...should have left him in.

Archived